DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Codec 265 "Mavic pro 2"

tropicalpests

Reactions
After all the googling that I have done I'm still confused. Almost all of the tutorials I have watched tell me to set movie camera to 265.
I'm using Filmora9 for editing and have come to learn that this software does not support the new codec 265. There is a "uniconvertor" that is available by Wondershare.
If I record in 265 and convert to 264 will the information be there after converting?
The 265 codec has 10 bit and smaller file as opposed to 8 bit 264 larger file.
My pc is a gaming computer that is a year and half old I use for photo editing.
Any information on this subject would greatly appreciated.

After all the googling that I have done I'm still confused. Almost all of the tutorials I have watched tell me to set movie camera to 265.
I'm using Filmora9 for editing and have come to learn that this software does not support the new codec 265. There is a "uniconvertor" that is available by Wondershare.
If I record in 265 and convert to 264 will the information be there after converting?
The 265 codec has 10 bit and smaller file as opposed to 8 bit 264 larger file.
My pc is a gaming computer that is a year and half old I use for photo editing.
Any information on this subject would greatly appreciated.
H.265 has a greater compression ratio than H.264. The M2P has a maximum bit rate of 100mbps. Therefore, when filming the M2P can pack more information into the 100mbps limit when using H.265 and support the 10-bit color profile.

For best results use a different editor like Blackmagic Resolve that does support h.265.

You COULD convert 10-bit h.265 to 10-bit h.264 but this is an additional step in your process and would reduce the quality of the video sense everytime you encode video to a lossy format you lose something.

Filmora9 only supports h.264 which severely limits what you can do with it.

Again, the best thing would be to use an editor that does support H.265 for convenience, quality, and time. Resolve is free and you can do much more with it anyway.

Thanks Brett! I really appreciate the help. I tried the Da Vinci Resolve and it crashes everytime I try to bring in files. It seems that other people are having trouble too. Any other software suggestions?

Thanks Brett! I really appreciate the help. I tried the Da Vinci Resolve and it crashes everytime I try to bring in files. It seems that other people are having trouble too. Any other software suggestions?
If you have a modern iPad, LumaFusion is a great video editing app.

Reactions: pelagic_one
Really? Maybe your computer just isn’t optimized for H.265. Try a video file that isn’t h.265 and see if it still crashes.

You could create proxy files of h. 265 video which is a lower quality copy in a different codec and then you edit your video together but when it exports your new video it uses the original high quality files.

Ok I recorded video in H265, downloaded to my external hard drive and created a file. Opened with VLC player and the resolution is phenomenal.
I downloaded the trail version of "Wondershare Converter" which converts to MP4. Imported to Filmora9 to edit and did not lose any deterioration in resolution.
Very happy with it.;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard