DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cold hands?

Interested to hear how you get on with it...
Will keep you posted. Today we're just blah, totally overcast and cold, but I may go out later and see how well it works.

For those in the US, here is the link to the Amazon purchase. $18 USD. WTotoy RC controller Muff

Reactions: scro
I fly in cold weather 3-4 times per week. I have tried numerous things to keep my hands warm. I don’t like using gloves of any kind as I find them limiting. What I have found works for me, like others have said is making sure the rest of my body is warm. One of the best purchases I made this year was insulated pants from Amazon.ca
581C6DAF-0960-4D09-B224-CDB48F38337E.png

I wear mittens with a hand warmer inside so that I can warm my hands between flights. I also rely on automated flights much more in winter, so I will program my flights in Dronelink, Litchi, Hammer, or AutoPilot beforehand so I can keep my mitts on once the automated flight has started. I usually hike to my locations so, in winter I will often visit them numerous times to check out the area and plan out my shots. I often will launch a few test missions then go back and run the missions I want.

I also have the transmitter mitt that has been linked to above. I use it to keep the wind off my hands when I am out on the ice or in an open area and in the full force of the wind. It also keeps the transmitter dry if it is snowing heavily. One drawback of the mitt is the plastic screen sometimes fogs up from the moisture from my hands.

Chris

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillesdeColombes