DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Coming back...

Chirp

Reactions
Briefly, I have been out of droning professionally for almost a year. I got my 107 2 years ago (it just expired) and I've got to study for the re-certification. I completed 38 paid missions for DroneBase then all of a sudden they stopped. To this day I don't know if they became upset with me or if they just switched gears somehow. I still have my Mavic Pro and Inspire 1. So I'm really glad to be back!!! I do hear there's some new stuff out there!!! Oh yeah I'm from SW Pennsylvania...

FAA 107 certificates expire? Or do you mean you let it expire, so that's why you have
to do it again

Reactions: Chirp
Part 107 operators have to stay "current" in order to exercise the privilege of Part 107. To remain current you have to take a recurrency test every 24 months. The privilege ceases to be current on the last day of the month in which the license was issued or the recurrency was taken.

If you got your Part 107 on the first day they were available (August 29th, 2016) you can exercise Commercial sUAS privileges until August 31st of 2018. September 1st of 2018 you would no longer be current and could not "legally" do any commercial operations until you take a recurrency test (and pass). Then your 24 month window starts over on that day.

Glad your starting back Chirp. Thumbswayup

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661