DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Community driven drone zone map

Belzorium

Reactions
Hi there !
I was wondering if a community driven zone map for flight areas already existed somewhere as a web or mobile application.
By community driven i mean that anybody can set a zone and say "you can't fly here" or "you need a permit there".

If not, as a developer, i might be interested into making one.

Hi there !
I was wondering if a community driven zone map for flight areas already existed somewhere as a web or mobile application.
By community driven i mean that anybody can set a zone and say "you can't fly here" or "you need a permit there".

If not, as a developer, i might be interested into making one.

You might give this a read.

Only the FAA sets rules for the NAS.

what I'm looking for is an app that would take faa no flight zones data to display them, while giving the ability to flyers to alert people on potential details to look into on certain locations (like parks for example). The objective obviously is not to replace the faa, but simply to advise other flyer that they may look into the details about the play they want to fly into (for the example of state parks, delimiting the area you can't fly into without a permit or waiver, and the cost or this permit as well as more useful information before flying there)
The thing is that it is really complicated to get these information sometimes, so an app like this could make this easier
It would not be an official app, and information found into it would need to be taken with a grain of salt, but at least you would know that you should look out for specific rules where you fly
I prefer having to verify information i find on an app like this, instead of having to risk it and get a citation

In some places it sometimes is hard to tell if you can fly or not

also, I think this could be cool to have, but I may be the only one thinking about it as a useful thing to have installed on my phone
if that is the case, let me know

You may find this very helpful community generated where to fly / flying restrictions and tips excellent UK website with the link below. It may be more of what you have in mind to model on…

You may find this very helpful community generated where to fly / flying restrictions and tips excellent UK website with the link below. It may be more of what you have in mind to model on…

Yes, this is kindof what i was thinking about, idk if it exists for the us tho
I might make my own, might be a fun little experiment

Reactions: EmsAir
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeoffreyBH