DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Compass, GPS, then Downward Vision Sensor Errors

jmorse62

Reactions
While flying yesterday with just the remote I noticed the Mavic was really wandering off course. A warning came up on the RC that said check app. I think what happened is that I lost GPS signal, I was able to land and then hooked up the phone and saw compass error, and something about redundency. I recalibrated the compass and still lose the GPS signal and now I am getting downward vision sensor errors and message to calibrate the downward sensors. Too much going on for me to figure that out, any suggestions?

did you do an firmware update before you went flying?

Not before that flight, I did update the firmware to try and solve the problem. Did have latest firmware and still have latest firmware.

I tried to recalibrate and when it gets to calibration it keeps prompting to "reboot" the aircraft.

have you tried to refresh the firmware then try to calibrate?

Yes I tried that also. looks like I might need to send it in for repair.... my DJI refresh is expired so trying to decide between sending it to DJI or Carolina Dronz

did you have any crash's? something had to change? or yes it could be a hardware problem .

it is on the way to CarolinaDronz. I will let you know what they find.

While flying yesterday with just the remote I noticed the Mavic was really wandering off course. A warning came up on the RC that said check app. I think what happened is that I lost GPS signal, I was able to land and then hooked up the phone and saw compass error, and something about redundency. I recalibrated the compass and still lose the GPS signal and now I am getting downward vision sensor errors and message to calibrate the downward sensors. Too much going on for me to figure that out, any suggestions?
I have the same errors on my brand new mpp. I can fine with vision mode and get full streamed video and info to the app. The app shows 11gps sattelites yet it says no gps contact for the drone itself.
Then it says compass error and then it says downward vision error... I cant go back to the store and replace the unit because this was the last one in stock... and searching around seems more people have the same issue?

jmorse62,

Have you heard anything from Drones Carolina about your sensor error? I am having the same problem and I will be in their area later in May and was wondering if I should drop mine by.

thxs
slkfis

I was pretty impressed by Carolina Dronz. The Mavic was gone in total for about 7 days. They checked it out and were able to re-calibrate and everything is working fine. I don't really understand the whole thing, but for one hour labor and some shipping I am back in the air. Probably 30 flights since then with no issue.

Reactions: slkfis
I was having all kinds of warnings and losing gps up to six times in one flight .
I bought the C-fixer thing that gets rid of magnetism . I did both ends of my Mavic Pro with this tool . I then took my drone way out in the remote sticks away from any civilization . I then used a level and made a perfect flat table . Did my IMU and then did my gps calibration with my RC remote over 50 feet away . The mavic now works the best it ever has .

Reactions: jmorse62
I was having all kinds of warnings and losing gps up to six times in one flight .
I bought the C-fixer thing that gets rid of magnetism . I did both ends of my Mavic Pro with this tool . I then took my drone way out in the remote sticks away from any civilization . I then used a level and made a perfect flat table . Did my IMU and then did my gps calibration with my RC remote over 50 feet away . The mavic now works the best it ever has .
What is a C Fixer? I never heard of that.

It removes unwanted magnetism away from the GPS units on a Mavic Pro. The Mavic pro has one GPS on each end of the craft . Placing the Mavic near a speaker and certain other things will start to magnetize the little screws and bolts and crap that’s inside the craft and this will make the GPS units in the drone unreliable . The sea fixer removes everything so it is an empty clean slate ready to be programmed without having any contamination to the GPS . Believe some guy in Russia is the one who invented it .
4c170ac997d1da3b99f249b3766eb6dc.jpg

I took the screen shot off a u-tube video .
But the thing works great . I was about to send my drone in because I was having so much trouble . But the Russian doodad does what it was made for .
I used it on my phantom gps and now it will hover way more stable in one place without drifting .

CFIXER - DEGAUSSING TOOL FOR DJI DRONE
Looks interesting, anyone else use this thing?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998