DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Compass recalibration Mavic Air.

Dan-Petter

Reactions
Quick question: is it possible to “force” a take-off despite the app telling me I need to recalibrate the compass? I can go out to the same spot within a couple of hours, and have to recalibrate the compass again. Gets a bit frustrating. Grateful for a quick answer.

Quick question: is it possible to “force” a take-off despite the app telling me I need to recalibrate the compass? I can go out to the same spot within a couple of hours, and have to recalibrate the compass again. Gets a bit frustrating. Grateful for a quick answer.
Is the Mavic telling you to recalibrate?
Or is it showing a message that says .. Electromagnetic Interference - Move aircraft or calibrate compass ?
If it's the second one, that's your compass warning you of a a problem it's detected and you need to pay attention.
DJI's wording is incorrect though.
The correct action is always to move away from the problem it's warning you of.
No amount of compass calibration would "fix" the problem.

Is the Mavic telling you to recalibrate?
Or is it showing a message that says .. Electromagnetic Interference - Move aircraft or calibrate compass ?
If it's the second one, that's your compass warning you of a a problem it's detected and you need to pay attention.
DJI's wording is incorrect though.
The correct action is always to move away from the problem it's warning you of.
No amount of compass calibration would "fix" the problem.
I get the Magnetic Interference message a couple of times, then it recalibrates. It’s just frustrating that when I return to the same spot, I have to repeat the procedure. Manually starting and taking off, is that possible without recalibration?

I get the Magnetic Interference message a couple of times, then it recalibrates. It’s just frustrating that when I return to the same spot, I have to repeat the procedure. Manually starting and taking off, is that possible without recalibration??
If your compass is warning you of an abnormal magnetic field at your launch spot, recalibrating isn't going to fix the problem.
Don't launch when the Mavic is warning you of a problem.
Move away from the problem.

What's the launch spot?
Is it on reinforced concrete perhaps?

Reactions: Dan-Petter
If your compass is warning you of an abnormal magnetic field at your launch spot, recalibrating isn't going to fix the problem.
Don't launch when the Mavic is warning you of a problem.
Move away from the problem.

What's the launch spot?
Is it on reinforced concrete perhaps?
No. Empty space in the countryside! Nothing nearby!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SlayTech