DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

complete beginner

gnt64a

Reactions
Hi there all in the forum,

I am a complete beginner in the world of drones, I have been doing research for a while now and I just took the plunge and bought a Mavic which hopefully arrives pretty **** quick.

I have been looking at the phantom 3 or 4 but I feel they might be a little too big for me, I really want a drone for when I travel with my with, we are off to Australia next year driving around the tropical north so I need a small drone and I feel the phantoms would have been too big. Hence the reason why I went for a mavic.
This is my first drone and I just went for it, have I done the right thing? or should I have gone for different one first. When I was doing research I always ended up wanting a mavic, they look so brilliant and just what I am after.

So did I do the right thing? only time will tell.

Thanks Graham

Hi there all in the forum,

I am a complete beginner in the world of drones, I have been doing research for a while now and I just took the plunge and bought a Mavic which hopefully arrives pretty **** quick.

I have been looking at the phantom 3 or 4 but I feel they might be a little too big for me, I really want a drone for when I travel with my with, we are off to Australia next year driving around the tropical north so I need a small drone and I feel the phantoms would have been too big. Hence the reason why I went for a mavic.
This is my first drone and I just went for it, have I done the right thing? or should I have gone for different one first. When I was doing research I always ended up wanting a mavic, they look so brilliant and just what I am after.

So did I do the right thing? only time will tell.

Thanks Graham
Howdy from Wyoming gnt64a, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Reactions: gnt64a and dirkclod
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .:)

Reactions: gnt64a
I think Yes you did the right thing.
I started as a novice. (Don't consider myself an expert) I have had a great run with Mavic.
I read a lot and watched plenty of videos - you will find them a great help.

There is plenty of information on getting going. This site YouTube etc. My suggestion is to start slow and steady at your own comfortable pace. Promise yourself not to have an "incident" in the first few days. Every flight is a learning experience. Practice with plenty of space. You will soon get the hang of it.
You will love that part of Australia [emoji1037]

hey Graham,

I sure as hell hope you did the right thing, because I basically did the same thing, however, my girlfriend and I will be moving to Ecuador for the year to travel around.

Welcome to MavicPilots! I highly recommend the Mavic for travel. I fly the Inspire 1 Pro and the Mavic. I fly my Mavic way more than the Inspire just because of the convenience and portability, I almost always have it with me now. Most of my jobs are taking a dozen photos at a commercial property then back in the car on to the next. I spent more time setting up and putting away the Inspire than I actually did flying it.... poor Inspire hasn't been flown in over a month LOL

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zack400