DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Confirm Binding Account - Error 0xffe

KevWRyd

Reactions
Finished upgrading firmware, when I go to activate in the app I get an error (0xffe) when I get to the "COnfirm Binding Account" portion.The high level Message is "Server Error Activation faileed" I have verified my account is valid and the network is available.

Any Help?

Kevin

Finished upgrading firmware, when I go to activate in the app I get an error (0xffe) when I get to the "COnfirm Binding Account" portion.The high level Message is "Server Error Activation faileed" I have verified my account is valid and the network is available.

Any Help?

Kevin
I have the exact same issue and can’t find a solution anywhere at the moment, I was on with DJI support yesterday and they can’t help either, told me to email DJI explaining the problem. £950 spent on the fly more combo and can’t even get it set up.

I have the exact same issue and can’t find a solution anywhere at the moment, I was on with DJI support yesterday and they can’t help either, told me to email DJI explaining the problem. £950 spent on the fly more combo and can’t even get it set up.
I’m taking it back to the store today for an exchange or a refund. I should not have to service/repair a new product

I’m taking it back to the store today for an exchange or a refund. I should not have to service/repair a new product
same issue for me just now. This is so frustrating and very worrying that DJI have said they can’t help. I’ll be on to them first thing Monday!

Any Help?

Kevin
I feel your pain. My MA2 won’t even download the firmware update successfully. Spoke to a DJI rep and was told to send it back. Haven’t spent a second in the air. This is my first purchase of a DJI product and I’m pretty bummed with the whole experience to this point.

I feel your pain. My MA2 won’t even download the firmware update successfully. Spoke to a DJI rep and was told to send it back. Haven’t spent a second in the air. This is my first purchase of a DJI product and I’m pretty bummed with the whole experience to this point.
I had no problems with my Mavic 2 Pro setup, was a breese, I went to the store today and they are closed till Tuesday, DJI was no help. The store told me it was an issue with the Serial Numbner not being in DJI's system, thus not being able to bind/activate. When I called DJI, they confirmed that my serial number was correct an active....The drone itself seems to be fine when it starts up, it does it's diagnostics and the FLy app even says ready to fly prior to the activation popup. I think this is a Fly - App or Activation issue (Software) not a Drone issue (hardware). Others having issues, are you using IOS or Android?

I had no problems with my Mavic 2 Pro setup, was a breese, I went to the store today and they are closed till Tuesday, DJI was no help. The store told me it was an issue with the Serial Numbner not being in DJI's system, thus not being able to bind/activate. When I called DJI, they confirmed that my serial number was correct an active....The drone itself seems to be fine when it starts up, it does it's diagnostics and the FLy app even says ready to fly prior to the activation popup. I think this is a Fly - App or Activation issue (Software) not a Drone issue (hardware). Others having issues, are you using IOS or Android?
I'm having the same issues... I'm on IOS. I was able to update everything. So all of my firmware is good but I just can't confirm binding account... Sometimes i'll restart it and I see a glimpse of the camera then it goes to the confirm binding account page and won't let me do it.... I get the same error code... Really frustrating....

I’m using iOS. I also tried updating with DJI assistant for Mavic on both MacOS and Windows and both times, the update stalled at 52% and never progressed pst that point. I just dropped off with UPS so hopefully the turnaround time won’t be terrible. ??

Reactions: itsneedtokno
Same issue here. Purchased Flymore bundle through BestBuy.

Same 0xffe error.

Tried an Apple XS.
Tried an Apple 11 Pro.
Nope.

Any chance their servers are down?

Yep most unhappy, been a big buildup to buy this thing with my son and here we are not able to fly it. Grrrr.
Same error on Mavic air 2 brand new full charge updated and ready to go. Won’t activate with error as above. No DJI support available in Aus today :-(

Exactly the same happening with my MA2 flymore. Very irritating considering it cost nearly a grand. And it’ll be a PITA to send it back. DJI should compensate us really

This has got to be a server issue on their part. As much of a bummer as it is for you folks eagerly awaiting your M2A only to be faced with this, I would keep trying periodically throughout the day. They know about it. It's all over their forum with responses from Moderators, and I'm sure their techs are working to repair the issue. Don't give up hope just yet!

Reactions: itsneedtokno
Ah, the "joy" of finding others in your predicament.

Same issue here, and it's clearly a software/database problem. For me, this was an Apple Store purchase (hey, it was/is cheaper there!), but I don't think it matters. Some SNs are in the system, some aren't. Tried iPhone, tried Google Pixel, did the firmware update, no joy. Also, I receive a different error code (1112) on the Pixel, and it asks me to "Reactivate", vs "Activate" on the iPhone. Edit: tried the iPhone again, still 0xffe, still "Activate".

I bought Care Refresh last night as this was charging; DJI had no issue with the SN then.

For those who are seeing a replacement work fine: I'm guessing some SNs are just not in the system, so wherever you buy it, you've got some chance of getting a "bad" one and, hopefully, a better chance of getting one you can, you know, actually use.

I'm having the same issue. Downloaded the app on my android S9 and Apple X, using different email addresses for both. No luck. Not only that, but the governor has everything shut down in Michigan so it's not going to be as easy as going to Best Buy to get a replacement drone.

Same here folks =( Tried on Android first, and then iPhone. Tried 2 different emails, including the one linked to the order via DJI.com. I just sent an email in...

Took it back to Omniview this morning, They are sold out of the Mavic Air 2 Flymore. They are going to look at it today to see whay if anything they can do. If they cant fix it today/tomorrow, will ask for a refund/replacement from their next delivery. If they are able to fix, will let you all know

I reported this issue on Monday and was told it needed replacing. They said someone would be in touch to arrange this but I haven’t heard anything else. Despite repeated emails. Terrible customer service given how expensive this thing is

I’m using iOS. I also tried updating with DJI assistant for Mavic on both MacOS and Windows and both times, the update stalled at 52% and never progressed pst that point. I just dropped off with UPS so hopefully the turnaround time won’t be terrible. ??
That's not a unique experience.

While I don't have the Air 2 yet, using the OS X version of DJI's Assistant 2 with my MP2 has been nothing short of exasperating. Stalled downloads, stalled installs, not displaying objects, etc have been the norm. I dread having to do the routine sensor calibration with it, because it's such an awful experience.

When I first got the drone I was a XXXX hair away from sending it all back. It just wasn't picking up the images, it wasn't connecting, it was freezing, the firmware wasn't being installed, etc. I thought I had a lemon, and that blew my mind. How does a company not test out a $1500 + item before shipping it?

The actual drone the company puts out is high quality, but the stuff surrounding it, such as their website, applications, and even service, is not at the same level. The service seems to have improved, in my experience.

Their products are wonderful when you actually get them to work as they should be, so I do recommend hanging in there until you get to that level -you won't regret it.

With the high number of you having similar issues, and ma2 just recently released/shipped, I would bet it's an issue with DJI servers being overwhelmed. Just keep trying the activation with a good internet/wifi connection. Or even try with internet through your cell data plan.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FredFulf