DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Constant asking for compass calibration!!

Natehighup

Reactions
Like the tittle says,my mini asks for compass cal just about every flight? I did notice that if I restart drone and move a few feet from whatever is upsetting of the compass it won’t ask? Although I can’t see metal writhing 5-10 feet, Today I landed within a few feet of a metal railing at the park and it immediately said compass calibration, it always lets me to go through the process with no issues. I’m not new to DJI,have owned a phantom 3,spark and mavic pro, never have any of them asked this?

Like the tittle says,my mini asks for compass cal just about every flight? I did notice that if I restart drone and move a few feet from whatever is upsetting of the compass it won’t ask? Although I can’t see metal writhing 5-10 feet, Today I landed within a few feet of a metal railing at the park and it immediately said compass calibration, it always lets me to go through the process with no issues. I’m not new to DJI,have owned a phantom 3,spark and mavic pro, never have any of them asked this?
You say if you move from whatever is upsetting the drone, it stops requesting the compass to be calibrated, correct? Then listen to what it's trying to tell you, and don't fly in highly magnetic places. You may find it's not something you can see, because it may be something in the ground etc

Reactions: SouthButNotOut
My mini the other day just would not compass calibrate, it just kept saying to calibrate compass. I moved all over the place, more than 20 meters and still wouldn't work. I eventually gave up and thought there was something wrong. The next day I went to a completely different place and it worked fine. I never did figure it out.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Myofb89