DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller/phone connection cord problem

Reactions
My very first attempt with this unit was a failure! I removed the shipped apple connection cord from the controller in order to replace it with the cord which will fit my Galaxy note 9. I am unable to seat the phone connection end into the controller arm. There is a rectangular opening in the controllers left arm, inside the opening is a rectangular piece half the size of the opening which is able to slide in the opening. On the cord I am trying to insert, on the phone connection end, there is an identical rectangular piece which is attached to the male end of the cord. That extra attached rectangular “slide” piece will not allow me to correctly insert and seat the cord into the controller arm.
Anyone have any ideas, or should I just use duct tape?

You should have an extra square insert to put into the controller arm that will fit your cord. You have to use some force to remove the current sliding square first.

Do yourself a favor save yourself from headaches....only use the side for charging and bottom full size usb for flight. It is much more reliable....also if u do use bottom usb make sure nothing is plugged in to the side still like the shipped 4 inch device cords or bottom port will not work....(just get rid of all those little device cords they are junk)

Reactions: thomaspiano
Use a magnetic type cable for the side USB port and you can leave the small 'fitting' in the remote even when flying. Connect the phone to the remote using the bottom full-size USB port.

Do yourself a favor save yourself from headaches....only use the side for charging and bottom full size usb for flight. It is much more reliable....also if u do use bottom usb make sure nothing is plugged in to the side still like the shipped 4 inch device cords or bottom port will not work....(just get rid of all those little device cords they are junk)
Ditto

Reactions: Mike4884

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan