DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cracked Landing Gear Repair or Replace

stpatrick

Reactions
I accidentally dropped the bag containing my drone and Cracked my Landing Gear
Can Repairs be done or is it necessary to Replace the landing gear

Normally I would say no, but you might get away with some contact cement and be okay.
If you hand catch a lot than you might be able to make it last for awhile.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain and Snow

I accidentally dropped the bag containing my drone and Cracked my Landing Gear
Can Repairs be done or is it necessary to Replace the landing gear
Replace it. You may lose antenna function and almost certainly will have excess vibration.

It looks like the only damage is to the leg itself. Should be easy fix, parts link below.

The antenna is a slide fit in the leg, so once you remove the leg, should be an easy parts swap. IIRC, the LED lens pries off (gently) to access another screw. Parts are cheap (these are aftermarket, not DJI). When I replaced two of my legs (after slipping on icy stairs and throwing drone into a brick wall - unseen damage caused subsequent crash) I replaced motor/leg assemblies. Not too pricey $40ish, but not a repair for the mechanically disinclined or with little experience soldering etc.

Amazon.com: Wondiwe Front Landing Gear, Front Left Right Replacement Leg Landing Gears Foot for DJI- Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom Drone Repair Parts: Home Audio & Theater

One solution would be to use UV glue similar to what dentists use for fillings. can be bought on Amazon a Small amount in the cracks and use the uv torch to set it very very strong.

Reactions: stpatrick
Would JB Weld For plastic be any good...I’ve discontinued using the drone because of this damage

Would JB Weld For plastic be any good...I’ve discontinued using the drone because of this damage
Probably but its sort of heavy grade stuff, not sure how it would affect the balance of the drone. Other experts on here might fill in the blanks?

it would be better to replace the whole antenna housing take your time and make sure you keep the antenna correctly orientated when you put it back together

Reactions: Thomas B
I placed an order for replacement legs from AliExpress, but they are shipped from China and will take more than a month to arrive...In the meantime I’ll make the drone useable for flight by gluing the cracks with JB weld

I placed an order for replacement legs from AliExpress, but they are shipped from China and will take more than a month to arrive...In the meantime I’ll make the drone useable for flight by gluing the cracks with JB weld
Be sure to don’t get any glue on the parts you need to remove where they contact those you’ll keep. Also don’t get glue on screws.

Reactions: old man mavic
I am glad you have the parts on the way.

Good choice.

Reactions: old man mavic
I had a very similar set of cracks and repaired with JB weld. That was over 2 months and several flights ago. No noticeable difference in handling.

I can unscrew the bottom part from the arm before applying the JB Weld..It will make it easier to apply the glue...That way it won’t get on any of the other parts or screws

Reactions: Thomas B
I can unscrew the bottom part from the arm before applying the JB Weld..It will make it easier to apply the glue...That way it won’t get on any of the other parts or screws
Sounds like a plan let us know how you get on bud

I applied small amounts of the epoxy clear JB weld to the broken area using a toothpick...I’ll leave it overnight to see how it holds

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi