DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Joshhal

Reactions
Hi everyone. New to this and new to drones. I was just flying my mavic pro and the wind took it into a building and it went down (80m+) I've got no signal to the drone, I've found a propeller next to the base of the building but still no drone
Although the propeller is not broken at all, I got to pretty much where the GPS last was which is next to the building in the garden. Looked for 3 hours and no luck but the propeller. But a guy from the motel said that I can somehow get it to beep and flash even tho it's off through the app??? Just wondering. I'm back at the hotel now and I fly back home in 6 hours and its night time so I haven't got luck on my side. Just want to know if there is something else I can try do go pinpoint it and hopefully see it

Thanks

It won't do anything unless it is powered up, and if you have no signal then it likely is not powered up. If you know approximately where it crashed then what do you suspect is preventing you from finding and retrieving it? Trees, roofs or other obstacles?

Just trees. I think. I got pretty much on the GPS mark but was under 2 trees that were pretty thick at the top so my best guess is it's up there, is the GPS location pretty accurate or? but I cant see the drone because its dark and I fly out before daylight but when the guy from the hotel told me about the beeping/flashing I thought it would only work if I had power to it which I dont as it wont connect and lost connection on the way down, I'm just stressing cause its 2 weeks old and I'm pretty certain I know where it is I just dont have time and its alot of $$ if its juuust there

Just trees. I think. I got pretty much on the GPS mark but was under 2 trees that were pretty thick at the top so my best guess is it's up there, is the GPS location pretty accurate or? but I cant see the drone because its dark and I fly out before daylight but when the guy from the hotel told me about the beeping/flashing I thought it would only work if I had power to it which I dont as it wont connect and lost connection on the way down, I'm just stressing cause its 2 weeks old and I'm pretty certain I know where it is I just dont have time and its alot of $$ if its juuust there

The GPS location is good to within a few feet if it has a reasonable number of satellites locked.

Ok. I thought it would be pretty accurate, it just sucks as I'm 99.9% it's just in the tree but cant get to it!! Hotel gardeners are going to keep an eye out but I will call the hotel in the morning and see if I can get someone to have a look out a window and see it. If they can see I have no idea what to do next as I'll be at the airport

That stinks. Hopefully in one of the trees you mentioned and gets found.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike