DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed my Mavic 2 Pro because of CSC stick input settings :(

Despite having a decent imagination, I simply cannot visualize the shot that would require having the sticks in the CSC positions. Therefive, I for one am anxious to see what you’re talking about.

KB

Here you go. Granted the sticks were not all the way to the corners in this shot, but you get the idea. I am not saying that I would ever push the sticks all the way to the corners to get certain shots, but the sticks can clearly be pushed into dangerously close positions in the search for uniques shots.

Looks very much like the Boomerang option in the quickshot menu, perhaps a safer option to use that?

Yes, but unfortunately quickshots are 1080p at least for now. In any event there are a universe of crazy new shots yet to be discovered and some may get close to the csc stick positions

Granted the sticks were not all the way to the corners in this shot, but you get the idea.

Steve: Yes, I see that you are descending and yawing but as you said, the sticks were nowhere near the corners. However, I don't have an answer for your concern. I'm guessing that DJI chose to use a CSC to shut down the motors so the operator didn't have to take his fingers off the sticks to stop them after landing. Would you rather they did it with a "Motors On/Off" button on the RC like some other drones use? Personally, I prefer the double stick method as it dramatically decreases the odds of ever activating that function by mistake in flight.

KB

I'm not sure if it's only happening to my M2P but I have to change my flight configuration now each time I fly. Every time I power it up it reverts to config 1 whereas I fly in 2?! Something to keep an eye on

Steve: Yes, I see that you are descending and yawing but as you said, the sticks were nowhere near the corners. However, I don't have an answer for your concern. I'm guessing that DJI chose to use a CSC to shut down the motors so the operator didn't have to take his fingers off the sticks to stop them after landing. Would you rather they did it with a "Motors On/Off" button on the RC like some other drones use? Personally, I prefer the double stick method as it dramatically decreases the odds of ever activating that function by mistake in flight.

KB

I frankly never thought of the CSC mid flight as an issue until this post. Then when i thought about it, folks can come close to these positions when flying, arguably in pretty crazy maneuvers. I am a 3d RC helicopter pilot as well and I can tell you that folks routinely reach these stick positions when doing crazy manuevers with their 3d heli's. Im sure that Ive gotten close when flying in sports mode and doing crazy maneuvers for fun. Fortunately, I rarely fly my mavics and P4's that way and wont do it going forward.

Having said that, the likelihood of doing that with a DJI drone is slight, but not completely out of the question, so yes, a dual button process, like some earlier Phantoms, would be a good idea.

And interestingly Mike, I don't think that anyone really knows what constitutes an emergency situation ??!!
Maybe if an aircraft is about to hit you it would be the quickest way to get out of the way . I cant think of any other reason myself .

It would make more sense for the emergency motor stoppage to require a button to be pressed at the same time as the weird stick input. Like the left + right top finger buttons AND the inward stick input. Nobody would ever push and hold all of these buttons / sticks at the same time. Just having it set to stick input is really dumb and could accidentally cause the drone to fall from the sky..like this situation.

And yet every DJI drone I own has this "feature" and I've never crashed. This is supposed to be a feature. If they made it even more complicated, you wouldn't be able to pull it off in time in case of an actual emergency. I do wish that you could disable it completely though.

Reactions: kilomikebravo
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki