DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed my Mavic 2 Pro because of CSC stick input settings :(

This is really helpful...many thanks to you all.
I've just checked on the app and I can't find the 'stop motor method' or ref to CSC of anything that sounds like it in settings. I have a M2P and DJIGo4 app. Maybe mine is set automatically?
Thanks again.

I've just checked on the app and I can't find the 'stop motor method' or ref to CSC of anything that sounds like it in settings. I have a M2P and DJIGo4 app. Maybe mine is set automatically?
Thanks again.

I have the MP2p as well. It’s there but the question is which is the right setting to disable a mid flight stop?

Thanks again.
Same here, I can't find it anywhere too?

I will post the shot later today to illustrate why someone might make the stick motion in question

Despite having a decent imagination, I simply cannot visualize the shot that would require having the sticks in the CSC positions. Therefive, I for one am anxious to see what you’re talking about.

KB

Last edited:
It only gives you the option of enabling all the time or in event of breakdown. You cannot disable it completely. I've set mine to in the event of breakdown. Not that that will make much difference because I presume the M2P will already be tumbling if it's broken down :)

Hi All,

My Name is Jonathan SAYEB and i'm a small Photography and Videography business owner in Vietnam. I've just purchased the new Mavic 2 Pro to add to our current Phantom 4 Pro and today while shooting for a big resort in Phu Quoc island (Vietnam), the drone litteraly fell from the sky for no apparent reasons (lucky me it crashed on the beach sand and only the gimbal seems to be broken). I've read everything i could find and apparently i'm not the only case.

Please note that i'm well aware of the user error thing but I promise that I didn't do anything "abnormal" and also I've been flying intensively our phantom 4 pro since it came (almost 2 years) without ever a scrach to it. Also, just to make things clear, litteraly minutes after the crash I asked our staff to buy a 2nd Mavic 2 Pro because our business cannot afford to be without drone for weeks (especially after now reading all the horror stories with the support). And actually, i would have prefered that it would have been my fault so at least i wouldn't get paranoid like now.

My real concern is what are the odds that such thing happens again? I've contacted DJI support asking for a clear answer about "possible Mavic 2 Pro malfunction" as I was very lucky that it didn't crash on the head of one of the hotel guest and if there is a defect (been reading about some possible board overheating issue, BTW was on my 2nd battery straight flight) but the agent kept repeating to send it for repair without even considering my real concern about another "non-user related" failure. The only thing I'd like to know, and DJI should have the honesty to tell us, could there be a chance of malfunction on this serie of drone.

Sorry for the long post but to finish it all up, We've got a super important shoot for a "Golf Legend" in Dubai this saturday and i'm planning to bring both the Phantom 4 Pro (which have been nothing but super reliable) and the 2nd Mavic 2 pro we just got while the other is sent for repair and "analysis" and the only thing i'm really concerned is the thing falling on his head which our business insurance surely wouldn't be big enough :D

Cheers and Looking forward to hearing your experience!

Battery completion or failure? Radio interference?

Hi All,

My Name is Jonathan SAYEB and i'm a small Photography and Videography business owner in Vietnam. I've just purchased the new Mavic 2 Pro to add to our current Phantom 4 Pro and today while shooting for a big resort in Phu Quoc island (Vietnam), the drone litteraly fell from the sky for no apparent reasons (lucky me it crashed on the beach sand and only the gimbal seems to be broken). I've read everything i could find and apparently i'm not the only case.

Please note that i'm well aware of the user error thing but I promise that I didn't do anything "abnormal" and also I've been flying intensively our phantom 4 pro since it came (almost 2 years) without ever a scrach to it. Also, just to make things clear, litteraly minutes after the crash I asked our staff to buy a 2nd Mavic 2 Pro because our business cannot afford to be without drone for weeks (especially after now reading all the horror stories with the support). And actually, i would have prefered that it would have been my fault so at least i wouldn't get paranoid like now.

My real concern is what are the odds that such thing happens again? I've contacted DJI support asking for a clear answer about "possible Mavic 2 Pro malfunction" as I was very lucky that it didn't crash on the head of one of the hotel guest and if there is a defect (been reading about some possible board overheating issue, BTW was on my 2nd battery straight flight) but the agent kept repeating to send it for repair without even considering my real concern about another "non-user related" failure. The only thing I'd like to know, and DJI should have the honesty to tell us, could there be a chance of malfunction on this serie of drone.

Sorry for the long post but to finish it all up, We've got a super important shoot for a "Golf Legend" in Dubai this saturday and i'm planning to bring both the Phantom 4 Pro (which have been nothing but super reliable) and the 2nd Mavic 2 pro we just got while the other is sent for repair and "analysis" and the only thing i'm really concerned is the thing falling on his head which our business insurance surely wouldn't be big enough :D

Cheers and Looking forward to hearing your experience!
Will everybody please revert to writing and speaking in ENGLISH instead of Klingon? What's CSC? And why can't you explain it for people that don't talk in burp, whirls and whistles? Not everybody has a mobile phone - sorry, PMCI! (Personal Mobile Communication Instrument! - there, how do you like it???)

Reactions: ff22
It only gives you the option of enabling all the time or in event of breakdown. You cannot disable it completely. I've set mine to in the event of breakdown. Not that that will make much difference because I presume the M2P will already be tumbling if it's broken down :)

Either way this is set, I can still shut the M2 down, so either I’m doing something wrong or this is a pretty pointless setting a5 the moment .. ?

Either way this is set, I can still shut the M2 down, so either I’m doing something wrong or this is a pretty pointless setting a5 the moment .. ?

You can always shut it down with a CSC when on the ground, but it's difficult to test the effect of that setting while airborne without actually attempting to shut it down in mid-air.

The "emergency only" setting has been assumed to mean that provided the aircraft is in stable flight then the CSC will have no effect - other than what results from that unusual combination of elevator, aileron, throttle and rudder, but I've not seen any confirmation of that.

Will everybody please revert to writing and speaking in ENGLISH instead of Klingon? What's CSC? And why can't you explain it for people that don't talk in burp, whirls and whistles?
Becasue it's explained in the manual you should have read, so you should already know what it is.

Reactions: Cheech Wizard
Will everybody please revert to writing and speaking in ENGLISH instead of Klingon? What's CSC? And why can't you explain it for people that don't talk in burp, whirls and whistles? Not everybody has a mobile phone - sorry, PMCI! (Personal Mobile Communication Instrument! - there, how do you like it???)

Luckily for you since you're not on a mobile device you can Google "DJI and CSC" very quickly. :)

Reactions: Kilrah
You can always shut it down with a CSC when on the ground, but it's difficult to test the effect of that setting while airborne without actually attempting to shut it down in mid-air.

The "emergency only" setting has been assumed to mean that provided the aircraft is in stable flight then the CSC will have no effect - other than what results from that unusual combination of elevator, aileron, throttle and rudder, but I've not seen any confirmation of that.

Yes I was testing on the lounge floor and not in the sky lol .. starts and stops whichever way it’s set ..

Yes I was testing on the lounge floor and not in the sky lol .. starts and stops whichever way it’s set ..

Right - but remember that it knows whether or not it is airborne. It will stop the motors if you hold down the throttle for 3 seconds, but only if it is on the ground; to be precise if it detects no descent.

Reactions: kilomikebravo
Go test over a large nett, im sure someone has acces to one...
Debug coding might have the option to totaly remove this.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242