DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed my new Mavic Pro, please help me repair it

ghumu

Reactions
I’ve crashed my Mavic Pro an hour ago. I thought I would never do any damage to it, so I wanted to save the money and I didn’t buy the DJI Care Refresh.
Looks like my skills are not as good as I’ve thought...
The gimbal plate is bent and broken, flat ribbon is cut. The silver cable and camera look fairly good. I have removed the battery around 10 seconds after the crash, I hope it didn’t fry the gimbal board.
What should I do now? I am a DIY person, I think I could repair it by myself, but I need support on how to test it without doing any more damage to it and where to buy the replacement parts :)
Let me know if posting some photos could help and what to take a photo of :)
Thank you all in advance!

Sorry for your Crash for sure.
If you are a DIY person, then I honestly think your best option is to ask the all knowing YouTube..
Other than that endeavour to seek an authourised DJI repairer.

I’ve crashed my Mavic Pro an hour ago. I thought I would never do any damage to it, so I wanted to save the money and I didn’t buy the DJI Care Refresh.
Looks like my skills are not as good as I’ve thought...
The gimbal plate is bent and broken, flat ribbon is cut. The silver cable and camera look fairly good. I have removed the battery around 10 seconds after the crash, I hope it didn’t fry the gimbal board.
What should I do now? I am a DIY person, I think I could repair it by myself, but I need support on how to test it without doing any more damage to it and where to buy the replacement parts :)
Let me know if posting some photos could help and what to take a photo of :)
Thank you all in advance!
@Thunderdrones is your man! Here is the link to the thread about ordering parts from him.

Reactions: Former Member
What should I do now?

1. Take apart the Mavic. Upper body first, 10 screws.
2. Drop the gimbal out, 4 screws, 4 ribbon cables and b/w power cable on top of the gimbal PCB
3. Disassemble the gimbal, every part and screw.
4. Connect the gimbal PCB to the 2 ribbon cables going to the core board. Connect b/w power cable to the gimbal PCB.
5. Connect the camera barrel via LVDS cable directly to the gimbal board and see if you get video.

When you get to this step, give us an update.

1. Take apart the Mavic. Upper body first, 10 screws.
2. Drop the gimbal out, 4 screws, 4 ribbon cables and b/w power cable on top of the gimbal PCB
3. Disassemble the gimbal, every part and screw.
4. Connect the gimbal PCB to the 2 ribbon cables going to the core board. Connect b/w power cable to the gimbal PCB.
5. Connect the camera barrel via LVDS cable directly to the gimbal board and see if you get video.

When you get to this step, give us an update.

I believe I’ve done something similar... I’m a newb and don’t know the part names, but hopefully this is something I can repair myself with a some care to detail?
D9B458DE-871B-49A0-AB40-25B21F083003.jpeg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead