DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Criminal Drone Operators caught - Updated - NOT GUILTY!

It's hard to underestimate the harm the Gatwick Drone criminals have caused to the hobby. Not to mention intentionally disrupting hundreds of flights over a 36 hour period and shutting down a busy airport. Wow. I seriously hope they toss this pair into a wood chipper made of thousands of carbon fiber drone blades. If this doesn't get drones totally banned I don't know what will.

2 arrested in Gatwick Airport drone disruptions | CBC News

Are there any photos of the drone at Gatwick? Any radar hits? Where was it flying, over the airport, near the airport?

By the way, did anyone actually see a drone, take a picture of, or get a radar return at Gatwick? Maybe it was just a sea bird?
Some blurry pictures and a couple of very blurry video's, which could've been taken anywhere. Apparently, a crashed drone has mysteriously turned up/ been found nearby. Yet to see any actual photo's of it though.

It's hard to underestimate the harm the Gatwick Drone criminals have caused to the hobby. Not to mention intentionally disrupting hundreds of flights over a 36 hour period and shutting down a busy airport. Wow. I seriously hope they toss this pair into a wood chipper made of thousands of carbon fiber drone blades. If this doesn't get drones totally banned I don't know what will.

Just heard this morning that they have been released. Not the couple that flew the drones.

Just heard this morning that they have been released. Not the couple that flew the drones.
From Det Ch Supt Jason Tingley

"He added there was "always a possibility that there may not have been any genuine drone activity in the first place", but they were working on a range of information from members of the public, police officers and staff working at Gatwick who had reported otherwise"

And there it is!:)

Reactions: WAXMAN
Clueless as always but sheeple went from rage to fear to offering reward money.

That is interesting. I just assumed there is video footage. Airfields are covered with cameras. People seem to have their phones always ready to shoot video. It seems very odd that none of the people who spotted these drones pulled out a phone and took video. Only explanation I can come up with is that they did the classic thing of holding the phone vertically giving virtually no width to the field of view to the video so they could not get the drone in the picture. [emoji4]

Reactions: W2EJ

In America I believe (also hope and pray) that our FAA will continue with reasonable regulation such as caught these two law breakers in the UK. In America our FAA knows such law breakers are relatively few. They also know well that sUAS drone development has been totally funded by sales to recreational drone pilots, by far most of whom fully understand the need for reasonable regulation as is maintained in all civil aviation. Commercial drones and drone pilots are only recently appearing on the market in notable numbers. So it is only now that we will seriously begin to find out how many vital commercial and public safety drone missions can be used to enhance human productivity. It is government's job to make and enforce needed regulation, NOT to destroy a huge new developing industry. I see this clearly from both sides. I spent a vibrant 44 years in business management. And also 10 1/2 years in unpaid, after working hours, elected public service.

I hope all the members on this site who played judge, jury and executioner towards this couple, will place a apology towards them. How would you have felt if it was your family.
I apologize for making fun of her eyebrows. Let it be noted I did not wish them physical harm.

It doesn’t matter how many laws firmware updates Geo fencing If someone wants to break the law or couldn’t care less they would do it but one thing I do agree with his registration and training to have knowledge of drone pilot . This way those who are genuine law abiding drone pilots and drone owners will follow the law and can be eliminated from those breaking the law proving that they want to fly the drone properly and safely

LOL! It gets better and better. Apparently, the so called crashed drone was not found by the police or the swarms of authorities that are pouring all over Gatwick. No, it was found by a member of the public! I'm not being cynical here but do you think that could be an attempt to get their hands on the £50K reward;)

'Obviously we had to be sure prior to release, in terms of that investigation, they were no longer suspects. I won't apologise, but what I will say is we really do appreciate their co-operation and we have put a lot of effort and resources into supporting them when they were released from questioning.'

Mutt...

This isn't my quote but from someone else on another drone forum but relevant here - "How many holes do you have to have in a bucket before it will hold no water"?

Sorry guys had to deal with a report.
Being from the title of this thread and them being let go I really
don't see no point of this thread but will leave it open just please
try and stay civil and on topic as much as you can now .
Thanks

Stupidity should be more painful and you certainly can not fix it with duct tape or bailing wire, IMHO. As anyone who has been paying attention, and watched the technology grow rapidly, if nefarious nimrod ***wipes want to, well.... Geofencing, community or common sense will not deter their mission. Pandora’s box has been opened and with all the white wonderful light comes the dark side. Fly safe & SMART, and try to promote the positive side of this technology.
And remember there is no Planet B.
Happier New Year

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661