DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crossed controls

Butterfingers

Reactions
On a couple of recent flights I've experienced crossed controls. Setup, connection, GPS lock and take-off all normal. Not long into the flight I noticed that the craft wasn't responding correctly to the controls. At first I thought that I'd become confused and had the craft pointed towards me, so my controls were backwards, but no - it was pointing away from me but it wasn't responding properly to my inputs. Fortunately it was only 15m away and about 8m high and I was able to bring it back with some difficulty. After landing I shut down both craft and controller and then restarted both and it flew fine after that. This has happened three times over the past couple of months. Anyone experienced anything similar? (I've searched the forum but couldn't find any posts on the topic)

What model are you flying ?
Not surprised you couldn’t find any posts on the topic, never heard of it happening before.
Hope someone can give some help on this.

Long shot but do you have a smart watch or anything similiar sending out signals whilst your flying?

Reactions: THE CYBORG
Hi - I'm flying the Mavic Pro V1 and have had no problems with it apart from this weird problem. It's made me cautious - needing to make sure that the drone is behaving properly before having the confidence to go off on a mission.

No - no smart watch and nowhere near any powerful radio transmitters that I'm aware of. Not sure if it's the app causing the problem on my Mini 4, with Litchi or if it's with the controller. (I'm using Litchi if FPV mode)

I never encountered anything like that when I had a MP1 so can’t offer a solution.
If things get reversed & you realise it has happened fly home backwards then things should work as if normal.
I would make sure your return to home works as a fail-safe

You posted you are using Litchi while I was typing, never used it myself.

Tried the flying home backwards but none of the controls work as they should and they are not reversed, I. E. Right stick Left may cause the drone to fly forwards. Pulling it back may cause it to fly right. Really confusing and only the right stick functions are affected. Left stick works as it should.

Tried the flying home backwards but none of the controls work as they should and they are not reversed, I. E. Right stick Left may cause the drone to fly forwards. Pulling it back may cause it to fly right. Really confusing and only the right stick functions are affected. Left stick works as it should.
Try calibrating the controller.
That will show how well the joysticks are working.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crazy007