DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crying wolf/The sky is falling posts about M2s

Elton Hammonds

Reactions
Is anyone else tired of those crying wolf/claiming the sky is falling about problems they heard about from an unconfirmed Facebook posting that was deleted or that one drone overheated?

Does an auto manufacturer respond to every fouled spark plug? No.

Is anyone else tired of those crying wolf/claiming the sky is falling about problems they heard about from an unconfirmed Facebook posting that was deleted or that one drone overheated?

These post happen with every new release, it is best to be patient and mindful of the fact that this represents a significant investment for some individuals; there concern is understandable.

Compared to previous launches I would say that there are far fewer complaints about the Mavic 2, and more positive posts.

@Thunderdrones has addressed each new claim by posting polls here.
The gimbal issue seems to be isolated, BUT the overheating one seem semi valid. Of those who voted, at last check 12.9% were having overheat issues.

Last I saw it was 10% (6 yes votes) and only 1 of the 6 had commented.

Reactions: mreloc
I think you're concentrating on the wrong part of his post. That is only 1 of the 6 has commented, making the other 5 either very shy or possibly dubious...
You are right, it is probably a hoax. NO WAY would there be a first release issue from DJI.
I stand corrected, and know know that 5 of the six are liars because they did not vote AND post "mine overheated"
Good thing these troublemakers didnt foul up the falling off Gimbal poll too! :D

Reactions: DeepseaTinted
I actually think most people are tired of listening to the usual batch of complainers whenever there is a new drone. So the number of users having no problem gets under represented. There is so much whining that a potential real problem could be overlooked - as in the title of this thread.

You're forgetting to include something.

Personally, I want everyone on the forums to know how dissatisfied I am with this one particular feature that I wanted but isn't on the drone. I intend to make pages and pages of replies arguing why it should have been on the drone. I won't contribute to any useful discussion. I won't pose questions about regulations, techniques, accessories, published content, or anything of the sort. Nor will I answer those questions or provide content of my own. I'm here specifically to complain about this feature that DJI left out. Because they left it out the M2 is a COMPLETE failure. DJI is fake news. They failed the consumer because of that thing.

/satire

I actually think most people are tired of listening to the usual batch of complainers whenever there is a new drone. So the number of users having no problem gets under represented. There is so much whining that a potential real problem could be overlooked - as in the title of this thread.
amen

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
You are right, it is probably a hoax. NO WAY would there be a first release issue from DJI.
I stand corrected, and know know that 5 of the six are liars because they did not vote AND post "mine overheated"
Good thing these troublemakers didnt foul up the falling off Gimbal poll too! :D

I didn’t say hoax. I’m just anti hysteria. When you mass produce something (unless you’re Honda making Vtec engines) you are liable to the odd failure. I think what happens with internet reportage is that someone reports a problem, it gets repeated infinitum, and amplified where you have many voices stating that there’s a problem, but the reader is unable to differentiate that the source is not one and the same.

@Thunderdrones , admirably, attempted to attenuate the noise with his poll and the means to back up the votes with a story. I am not saying that there are 5 liars, just five votes that aren’t backed up with substantiated evidence. It could be trolls from a rival manufacturer (like that’s never happened) or folks with a beef against dji. Who knows?!

I’ll stick to the Thunderdrones approach and wait and see if the problems are pandemic, rather than having lots of panic over what may just be isolated flaws which will be sorted out under warranty.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oshgeo