DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CrystalSky 5.5 with dji mount

cheezstake

Reactions
Hey guys, I finally pulled the trigger on a CrystalSky monitor, and I am really happy I did. I was holding off for the larger ultra bright Crystalsky version, but once I saw the dji adapter for the mavic which mounts the screen where a cell phone would go I couldn't resist giving it a try. I just wanted to post some pictures of it, and let everyone know that it works great with the mavic controller. Before upgrading to the Crystalsky I was using an ipad mini 4th gen wedged in the rubber cellphone holder arms, which I felt made it really difficult to reach the gimbals controls. The best thing about this setup is that it is so compact, I actually just leave it fully assembled inside my backpack, but if you need to disconnect the screen from the controller all you have to do is pull the lever.
pWe4SHZ.jpg

vjPusWK.jpg

AVI3pXO.jpg
IlDHjJZ.jpg

wFg0X7E.jpg

Hey guys, I finally pulled the trigger on a CrystalSky monitor, and I am really happy I did. I was holding off for the larger ultra bright Crystalsky version, but once I saw the dji adapter for the mavic which mounts the screen where a cell phone would go I couldn't resist giving it a try. I just wanted to post some pictures of it, and let everyone know that it works great with the mavic controller. Before upgrading to the Crystalsky I was using an ipad mini 4th gen wedged in the rubber cellphone holder arms, which I felt made it really difficult to reach the gimbals controls. The best thing about this setup is that it is so compact, I actually just leave it fully assembled inside my backpack, but if you need to disconnect the screen from the controller all you have to do is pull the lever.
pWe4SHZ.jpg

vjPusWK.jpg

AVI3pXO.jpg
IlDHjJZ.jpg

wFg0X7E.jpg
How good is the brightness in the sun compared to the mini4? I am buying this hopefully soon I have everything I need for it but the crystalsky.

i was using an iPad Air2 with a hood and still could hardly see in the sun. Now with the CS 5.5 I can see clearly in the sun. I have the CS mount and also a MavMount and it works great on both. As many have noted, it is hard to capture the difference on camera but in person it is like night and day. If you are having problems with the device that you are using try to find someone who has the CS so that you can see the difference in person. I am very glad that I got this and the smaller screen really is not an issue like I thought it might be going from the iPad to the CS.

Reactions: Aerial West
I hope to find someone with the ultra bright after they come out to see how much of a difference that makes but I am happy with the 1000 nits that I have now.

Does your mount comes with a USB cable that seems too long and have to squash hard to get it connected to the RC?

Does your mount comes with a USB cable that seems too long and have to squash hard to get it connected to the RC?

Yes. The cable is a mystery to me. I am not sure what the length is there for.

This adapter is not listed on the DJI site.
Where did you buy it?
Could you post a link?
Thanks

Reactions: Advexure
Yea forgot to mention that the dji mount comes with the cables to connect the crystalsky.

Reactions: Advexure
pWe4SHZ.jpg

vjPusWK.jpg

AVI3pXO.jpg
IlDHjJZ.jpg

wFg0X7E.jpg

Thanks the photos,I wondered how it mounted to the controller. I ordered mine when I ordered the unit the monitor came next day still waiting on the mount though. I think it looks smart .

Thanks the photos,I wondered how it mounted to the controller.

Wouldn't it be great if the manual included tells/shows you how to install it? :eek:

Reactions: philh24
I am still waiting for my bracket,typically I bought mine from DJI direct and was told 10-14 days wait. No waiting now in stock to the U.K. for next day delivery unless you ordered it from them when it was a 10-14 delivery like me.[emoji849]

Last edited:
The mount (in the DJI store) is for the USA only. If you are viewing products in the DJI store outside of the USA, you will not see the mount (and perhaps other products). You can change your location through your profile to view what is offered, but you might not be able to purchase them (can't confirm, didn't try).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31