DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crystalsky Monitor messing with RC signal??

HydroneMantis

Reactions
Has anyone had issues with a poor signal performance after installing the Crystalsky with the Mavic? I went from an Iphone 7 plus with perfect, strong signal on the RC to the 5.5 inch CS. My signal since the CS is very poor, even indoors where I have previously never had issues with signal loss.

I have the CS mounted to the mavic with the FLYHIGH USA plate and DJI inspire bracket mount. I originally thought the placement of the monitor created the issue but it persisted after I moved the monitor away from the controller.

I have tried disabling the WIFI and still have very poor signal strength. My only option left is to try changing the cable attaching the CS to the controller.

Has anyone else noticed this loss in RC signal when using the CS monitor?

Has anyone had issues with a poor signal performance after installing the Crystalsky with the Mavic? I went from an Iphone 7 plus with perfect, strong signal on the RC to the 5.5 inch CS. My signal since the CS is very poor, even indoors where I have previously never had issues with signal loss.

I have the CS mounted to the mavic with the FLYHIGH USA plate and DJI inspire bracket mount. I originally thought the placement of the monitor created the issue but it persisted after I moved the monitor away from the controller.

I have tried disabling the WIFI and still have very poor signal strength. My only option left is to try changing the cable attaching the CS to the controller.

Has anyone else noticed this loss in RC signal when using the CS monitor?
I don’t have a CS, but something tells me this isn’t related to the CS. It could simply be an environmental thing. I’d give it another try outside.

I don’t have a CS, but something tells me this isn’t related to the CS. It could simply be an environmental thing. I’d give it another try outside.

I will continue to trouble shoot. Sadly, this is all happening the same environment I have been flying my mavic in for 6 months with no issue. There is no issue when I switch back to my iphone 7. But the moment I switch back to the CS and different cable to connect to the RC unit the signal drops to very poor and I get alerts. I'll post a demo video later when I get home and can show the issue and switching between the Iphone 7 and CS.

I will continue to trouble shoot. Sadly, this is all happening the same environment I have been flying my mavic in for 6 months with no issue. There is no issue when I switch back to my iphone 7. But the moment I switch back to the CS and different cable to connect to the RC unit the signal drops to very poor and I get alerts. I'll post a demo video later when I get home and can show the issue and switching between the Iphone 7 and CS.

Tested mine out. No signal degradation. Did it near an airport and then outside of the nfz. No issues.

Interference comes in goes in a given environment. Once when the KP Index was 6, I noticed my Mavic only got at most 500m before I lost my video feed when it usually is able to get 3k on the same trip. My GPS sats were only 8 that day as well. Solar flares can cause unexpected interference anywhere.

Interference comes in goes in a given environment. Once when the KP Index was 6, I noticed my Mavic only got at most 500m before I lost my video feed when it usually is able to get 3k on the same trip. My GPS sats were only 8 that day as well. Solar flares can cause unexpected interference anywhere.

i definitely get that interference comes in different forms. but this is just too coincidental.

for three days straight, no matter the time or place, i have poor signal. if i switch immediately to my iphone the problem goes away. i switch back 30 seconds later to the CS and the signal is gone. i tried 3 phones from friends today and all three worked fine with full signal. i switched to CS and the signal is gone...again.

to me, this clearly is an issue with my monitor or cable somehow.

im going to my local hobby shop now to trouble shoot with them and their equipment.

Would deff like to know cause I just ordered the ******

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm wondering if the third party plates that are out here - the ones you attach the dji bracket to are causing issues if they are metal.

I'm wondering if the third party plates that are out here - the ones you attach the dji bracket to are causing issues if they are metal.
Definitely not the case. I have flown my Mavic with an aluminum ipad holder 7000k+ feet away with no issues.

CS manual says to NOT OBSTRUCT the GNSS built-in... If we mount CS in the same way that the phone goes it will obstruct... That's why the original bracket will leave CS upside-down on CR.

CS manual says to NOT OBSTRUCT the GNSS built-in... If we mount CS in the same way that the phone goes it will obstruct... That's why the original bracket will leave CS upside-down on CR.

That seems odd to me. Mounting upside down would leave the GNSS antenna unobstructed but pointing down at the ground. My understanding is that all global positioning antennas should point at the sky. Plus the buttons will be upside down on the other side.

Reactions: Aerial West
I dont agree with this. dji has it both used on a inspire controller like a typical screen, as well as even upside down and flat on their mavic adapter. seems its hard to obstruct anything.

Reactions: ghedgepath
According to the pictures on other forum, DJI is using the two fixing screws at bottom of CS to attach it on the bottom part of RC with its "legs" closed... This way the bracket goes into the legs side apertures, that point down with the legs closed.

If we put CS in the same way we hold an iPad, for instance, the GNSS would be right against the bottom of RC...

That seems odd to me. Mounting upside down would leave the GNSS antenna unobstructed but pointing down at the ground. My understanding is that all global positioning antennas should point at the sky. Plus the buttons will be upside down on the other side.

Yeah.... The buttons labeled upside-down are really strange, hehehe... They should have printed the labels sideways!

All they really needed to do was to put a standard tripod thread underneath it- or even on each side. His way we would be able to mount the thing anywhere with a million different types of clamp/ grip.

Reactions: Aerial West
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe