DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CrystalSky supported apps (tracking thread)

I received my CrystalSky last week and like many of us wanted to use other apps such as Litchi. I am using Litchi on my phone for which I paid the €25 and tried the patched version 4.0.2 on CS. I uploaded a waypoint mission and everything seemed to work fine until I noticed that although the camera is pointing towards the POI, it does not move smoothly but step by step. The following video shows the flight using Litchi with my phone during the first 15s (the registered version 4.4.1) and then the same waypoint mission with the patched version on CS. I am wandering if anybody experienced this kind of behaviour. As you can see in the video the sun is in front of me and I had to dissable the collision avoidance system so the drone was not seeing the sun as a possible obstacle, furthermore I did an other flight the previous day with the sun on the side of the drone and the behaviour was identical.

I received my CrystalSky last week and like many of us wanted to use other apps such as Litchi. I am using Litchi on my phone for which I paid the €25 and tried the patched version 4.0.2 on CS. I uploaded a waypoint mission and everything seemed to work fine until I noticed that although the camera is pointing towards the POI, it does not move smoothly but step by step. The following video shows the flight using Litchi with my phone during the first 15s (the registered version 4.4.1) and then the same waypoint mission with the patched version on CS. I am wandering if anybody experienced this kind of behaviour. As you can see in the video the sun is in front of me and I had to dissable the collision avoidance system so the drone was not seeing the sun as a possible obstacle, furthermore I did an other flight the previous day with the sun on the side of the drone and the behaviour was identical.

You could try the v4.1.2 patched, but I haven't used it

Litchi for DJI Mavic Phantom Inspire Spark 4.1.2 Patched - APK Home

Yes I saw that and also V1.3.0 beta, I will try with the same waypoint mission and see whether there is an improvement

Google Services: (Install first, in the order shown, if using apps requiring these)
  1. Google Play Services
  2. More Google Play Services
  3. Google Play Store
  4. Google Maps

Hello, I just clicked on the "google Play Services" link, unfortunately I was not able to download the actual file... everywhere I clicked it led me to download something else, anything but what I was looking for... please what I have to click on, to get the actual APK file for google Play Services?? and what about the following items??
Thanks.. Adolfo

Hello, I just clicked on the "google Play Services" link, unfortunately I was not able to download the actual file... everywhere I clicked it led me to download something else, anything but what I was looking for... please what I have to click on, to get the actual APK file for google Play Services?? and what about the following items??
Thanks.. Adolfo
Go to the DOWNLOAD tab, and click the green Download button.

I've installed the Google services per the first thread. I've also installed Litchi via Amazon. Litchi seems to work ok but it uses 'Here Maps.' I'm trying to figure out how to get it to use 'Google Maps.' All of the Google services seemed to install successfully. I constantly get an error message that I have to clear away about every 30-seconds though: 'Unfortunately, Google Play services has stopped.'

If I can get Google Maps to work I'll learn to deal with the error message because Google Maps are so much better than Here Maps. But if I can't get Google Maps to load in Litch, I'm going to disable Google Play Services.

Has anyone gotten Google Maps to work with Litchi?

Edit: I just went to 'APKPURE' and installed the latest Google Maps and Transit. I now have Google Maps in Litchi. However, I still get the error message that "Google Play services has stopped." Is there any way in Android to disable error messages globally?

Edit 2: Sorry for all the edits but I'm updating in case it helps someone else. I just disabled 'Google Play Services' using a 'Force Stop' and then launched Litchi. I still have Google Maps and all seems ok sitting here in my office. I'll test today and report back.

Last edited:
I've installed the Google services per the first thread. I've also installed Litchi via Amazon. Litchi seems to work ok but it uses 'Here Maps.' I'm trying to figure out how to get it to use 'Google Maps.' All of the Google services seemed to install successfully. I constantly get an error message that I have to clear away about every 30-seconds though: 'Unfortunately, Google Play services has stopped.'

If I can get Google Maps to work I'll learn to deal with the error message because Google Maps are so much better than Here Maps. But if I can't get Google Maps to load in Litch, I'm going to disable Google Play Services.

Has anyone gotten Google Maps to work with Litchi?

Edit: I just went to 'APKPURE' and installed the latest Google Maps and Transit. I now have Google Maps in Litchi. However, I still get the error message that "Google Play services has stopped." Is there any way in Android to disable error messages globally?

Edit 2: Sorry for all the edits but I'm updating in case it helps someone else. I just disabled 'Google Play Services' using a 'Force Stop' and then launched Litchi. I still have Google Maps and all seems ok sitting here in my office. I'll test today and report back.
Sorry not on the CrystalSky. Does the first thread not say how to download Google Maps?

You go to 'apkpure.com' from your device and download and install the apk. On the Crystalsky it's really easy. Once it downloads, it shows up on the main page as having been downloaded and you just tap it and it installs. I'm not sure how it might work on other devices. But, I think the same is true for all, go to the website and download the most current release for whatever apk you are seeking.

Keep the thread going... I'm sure that there are a lot more paying attention to this one than there are commenting. I'll try FCC mode shortly as I have Fake GPS working on the Crystalsky.

Last edited:
As much as I've tried, I can't seem to fool the Mavic into FCC mode using Fake GPS or similar on the Crystalsky. The Crystalsky/remote shows being in the US on the map in, but the Mavic showed itself at my last fly spot in the DJI go app even though I'm a mile from there! DJI go didn't show any sats as I was indoors with mumetal over the GPS on the Mavic. I switched off the WiFi with no help.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest