DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CrystalSky supported apps (tracking thread)

I think I'll stick to providing links for other users here. We may be tech savvy, but not everyone is. This thread is supposed to make it easy and also provide a list of apps that are confirmed to work on the CrystalSky so users know what to expect.
Hi,

Very useful thread by the way!

Just wondering if you have tested the range of "pilot" apps - Mavic, Phantom etc. It could be useful to have access to these forums on the CS.

8FFF3DB2-A9A2-4329-AA49-F8417030AD3C.jpeg F00CD384-590D-4466-9164-114A5B31634C.jpeg So I wanted to see if I could hookup my sprint 3g/4g usb dongle and have cell when outside away from WiFi. I know I can use the hotspot on my iPad but thought I would see if it was possible just to plug the dongle in. This is made to plug into a laptop and you connect via the SmartView app. I am not a android user so am am not sure if these work on a android tablet and there is app out there.
I did notice on crystalsky under the settings there is a cell networks tab but I could not get and thing to open up. Below is a pic of it

View attachment 28139 View attachment 28138 So I wanted to see if I could hookup my sprint 3g/4g usb dongle and have cell when outside away from WiFi. I know I can use the hotspot on my iPad but thought I would see if it was possible just to plug the dongle in. This is made to plug into a laptop and you connect via the SmartView app. I am not a android user so am am not sure if these work on a android tablet and there is app out there.
I did notice on crystalsky under the settings there is a cell networks tab but I could not get and thing to open up. Below is a pic of it

You need an app to tell the android OS that the 4g dongle is connected to the CS, so far I've only seen "PPP", which is a widget , I've managed to install this on the CS , but to run it you have to move the widget to your home screen.

At the moment when you connect the 4g dongle to the usb it does get recognised by PPP, but I can't find away to move the widget to the CS home screen which is locked down

Thanks for the info and links.

I managed to get Drone Harmony working after installing all the Google play apps as well as google maps. I do keep getting a notification that Google Play services has stopped, but it doesn't seem to affect the app running.

Thanks for the info and links.

I managed to get Drone Harmony working after installing all the Google play apps as well as google maps. I do keep getting a notification that Google Play services has stopped, but it doesn't seem to affect the app running.
Do you have a download for me to add to the main thread?

I would like to know whether Parrot's freeflight pro app could be installed and run on the Crystalsky. Beside my Mavic I own a Parrot Disco Drone and would like to have a smaller device with a HDMI-out, that I can use. At the moment I'am using my Nvidia Shield for both drones to get a HDMI out for my Cinemizer goggles, but I would like to switch to a 5.5" device (f.e. the smaller Crystalsky), but do not find any smartphone this size with a HDMI-out.

I was hoping this thread would be useful for the prospective buyers and current owners but so far not many are interested
Well I am, I’m looking at getting a CS ultra but ideally would like it to work with dji GSPro, litchi and hanger360.

Reactions: Ping^Spike
I would like to know whether Parrot's freeflight pro app could be installed and run on the Crystalsky. Beside my Mavic I own a Parrot Disco Drone and would like to have a smaller device with a HDMI-out, that I can use. At the moment I'am using my Nvidia Shield for both drones to get a HDMI out for my Cinemizer goggles, but I would like to switch to a 5.5" device (f.e. the smaller Crystalsky), but do not find any smartphone this size with a HDMI-out.
Well I am, I’m looking at getting a CS ultra but ideally would like it to work with dji GSPro, litchi and hanger360.
I'll give those apps a try later tonight.

Reactions: ICHOTT
Parrot Freeflight Pro does not work. It attempts to do some kind of synchronization which fails right off the bat. DJI GS Pro is an iPad only app. No other platform supports it. Litchi works, but you need to pirate the copy otherwise it won't work. Litchi is working on a CrystalSky version of the app, but it will be a bit. As mentioned Hanger360 is an iOS only app. I have updated the list.

TX a lot for your help.
It's really a shame that DJI is not willing to open the Crystalsky for so many other Android apps. So I will stay with my Nvidia Shield and give not my money to DJI....
It's not a matter of willingness. The OS has been specifically modded to prioritize the enhanced performance of DJI Go. Some apps will not work as a result.

Not sure if it's relevant , but I have "Ok google" working on the CS, it can open apps, search the internet, open web pages, open menus and settings, control settings e.g turn off wi-fi via voice.

Also now have the Google Now launcher as an option on start up as well to the locked down DJI launcher

Last edited:
@lannes I don't suppose you've found a way to downgrade GO4? Or perhaps install an older version somehow?

@lannes I don't suppose you've found a way to downgrade GO4? Or perhaps install an older version somehow?

No , I haven't been successful with DJI Go 4 , I tried using the google now launcher, disabling the DJI launcher, disabling the DJI Go 4 app, installing older version 4.1.15, installing the latest 4.2.4.

a lot of other flight software has installed and run e.g Litchi , UgCS, Drone Harmony etc.

Reactions: Ping^Spike
I notice when I install the .apk for different versions of DJI Go 4, it goes through the installation and then it says "app not installed", you normally get this error message when there is already an existing version of the app on the device. We can't finalise the install of the different version , because the firmware loaded DJI Go 4 is still installed and you cannot go through settings/apps to uninstall it, all you can do is disable it. If we could some how uninstall the firmware loaded version of DJI Go4, the side loading of different versions would probably work

Last edited:
Thank you as I did this a week ago. Downloaded apkpure there’s YouTube videos how to do this if anyone is having problems. Is it possible to change parameters in the go4 app ?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998