DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"Current Location" vs "Original Location"

Had you moved a considerable distance from when your home point was recorded?
I would hit "original location" as I'd assume this message meant- "You want bird to go back to your take off point or where your RC is now", but, someone with more expierence than I may chime in here.
BTW- Is there a spellchecker somewhere in message headings?(I think I continually misspell -expierence)

Don't remember but I think msinger gave already an explanation ! Check with him !

No, I had not moved. In fact, before I took off I made sure I got the verbal confirmation "The homepoint has been updated". Long story short, after flying about 1000' away I decided to RTH and when I did not hear the Mavic in like, 30 seconds, I looked at the controller and that is when I saw the options. I selected "current Location" and the Mavic never returned. Telemetry said I was 45,000' from home! Battery ran out - used latitude and longitude to find it. It was halfway down a very sleep slope and unreachable in a safe manner. I have sent the flight record to DJI and am awaiting response.

Nope! Gone! I have contacted DJI and sent them the flight record. We will see what they say. Was only 1 week old.

So from what I can read never chose (current)! Always(original) since was the take off location correct?

No, I had not moved. In fact, before I took off I made sure I got the verbal confirmation "The homepoint has been updated". Long story short, after flying about 1000' away I decided to RTH and when I did not hear the Mavic in like, 30 seconds, I looked at the controller and that is when I saw the options. I selected "current Location" and the Mavic never returned. Telemetry said I was 45,000' from home! Battery ran out - used latitude and longitude to find it. It was halfway down a very sleep slope and unreachable in a safe manner. I have sent the flight record to DJI and am awaiting response.
Were you able to recover it from the slope?

So from what I can read never chose (current)! Always(original) since was the take off location correct?
If you choose original, your Mavic will return to the current home point. If you choose current, your home point will be reset to your mobile device's current location (the location it's reporting) and the Mavic will immediately return to that new home point.

Well, had my iPhone connected to the controller and it still never returned - awaiting diagnosis of my flight record from DJI. I only had the Mavic for one week however this is my second one in two weeks. First one simply disconnected about 2,500 ' from home point and RTH did not work at all. Ran out of battery and crashed. Broke off camera and one folding leg. Insurance replaced that one but insurance co. is sort of flinching about paying for second one. This will be a good test I guess of DJI's feelings towards their customers.

Can you update this thread Lone Droner 10? Anyone else had this current home vs new home issue??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan