DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dams & Waterfalls: Updrafts, downdrafts, etc.

Nonprophet

Reactions
Curious if other MM pilots have flown near dams and waterfalls and what, if any, problems they had with updrafts and downdrafts on the small and light MM. I do a lot of still photography of waterfalls, so I know that they produce a fair amount of their own wind as well as a fair amount of mist--and that both could be a problem for a drone. Also, a lot of the lakes where I live in Oregon are reservoirs, so wondering about updraft and downdraft issues with dams.

Thanks!

@Nonprophet any drone could be a affected by the things you have mentions, but the thing to remember with the MM is it is more susceptable to those influences due to its light weight and lack of power ,it has the smallest batteries of the mavic line not just in size but power output ,so the drone is unable to overcome any sort of sudden gusts ,it was designed purely to overcome the registration process in most countries ,in the right conditions it will fly the same as any other drone ,but its flight envelope is very limited by weather conditions

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead