DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Davinci Resolve 17 released!!!!

Hello, I can confirm that the offer stand as of today (see attached image).

bundle.JPG

Reactions: dawgpilot
And I’ll have to upgrade my Mac. MacOS SIERRA is the highest I can go to keep compatibility with Adobe CS6 and Lightroom 5. The highest Davinci Resolve version supported is 15. Darn!!

The audio consoles aren’t as intimidating as they seem. They’re mainly many, many single channels sitting side by side. Heck of a job to dust!
My man...you are 2 updates behind now! I just reluctantly upgraded my iMAC to Big Sur. So that is Sierra>Catalina>Big Sur. They keep adding stuff I probably will never need or use. They changed the e-mail format and sounds, and other stuff I am yet to learn. I hate upgrades. Just please leave me alone.

Reactions: SkyeHigh
My man...you are 2 updates behind now! I just reluctantly upgraded my iMAC to Big Sur. So that is Sierra>Catalina>Big Sur. They keep adding stuff I probably will never need or use. They changed the e-mail format and sounds, and other stuff I am yet to learn. I hate upgrades. Just please leave me alone.

I feel you pain Dale. Just to make matters worse Apple’s change to using their ARM-based M1 processor could cause many more compatibility issues. Not sure yet how much existing code will run on the new chip. So, do I sit and wait longer or go with the flow and retire a perfectly good MacBook Pro?

Just a nit: the title says "released", the first post text says "beta".

Those two things are not the same.

You got my hopes up. "Beta released" would be more accurate.

Sorry Windows guys ( I'm one too ) check out what Blackmagic has done with Apple and the new M1 computers .... this is amazing for such a cheap computer... makes you want to just buy the computer and keep it just for an edit machine... very impressive ...none of any of my workstations could ever do this type of performance...

and

Just to update this thread I’ve been using Resolve 17 Beta extensively and have to report that it is wildly unstable once you get more complex edits.

For light editing it seems to be fine except the new transitions and title effects.

The new titles and transitions are really nice but there’s some major issues to be worked out. Make sure you don’t have any clips beneath the visible clips in your timeline where you have a transition or title. Even though these clips aren’t visible when the video is played back Resolve is still processing them and it flat out crashes during export. A work around I have found is to render cache your transitions and titles and then export with the setting to use render cache images selected. Resolve has no problem render caching the titles but render during export is a problem.

Also videos with Alpha layers are an issue for Resolve 17. It eventually chugs through them but at a huge render time penalty.

I have a recurring issue where resolve tells me clips are missing but will play back the clips and renders them fine. And no this isn’t due to render caching I checked that.

Basically my advice would be to wait to upgrade until it’s more stable.

yep.. I see issues too... hope they get out of Beta mode and get it all fixed soon...

Just to update this thread I’ve been using Resolve 17 Beta extensively and have to report that it is wildly unstable once you get more complex edits.

For light editing it seems to be fine except the new transitions and title effects.

The new titles and transitions are really nice but there’s some major issues to be worked out. Make sure you don’t have any clips beneath the visible clips in your timeline where you have a transition or title. Even though these clips aren’t visible when the video is played back Resolve is still processing them and it flat out crashes during export. A work around I have found is to render cache your transitions and titles and then export with the setting to use render cache images selected. Resolve has no problem render caching the titles but render during export is a problem.

Also videos with Alpha layers are an issue for Resolve 17. It eventually chugs through them but at a huge render time penalty.

I have a recurring issue where resolve tells me clips are missing but will play back the clips and renders them fine. And no this isn’t due to render caching I checked that.

Basically my advice would be to wait to upgrade until it’s more stable.

I just saw Resolve 17 Beta 2 is out now. Might want to give that a try if you were using Beta 1 before, as hopefully they've fixed a lot of bugs.

Been using beta 2 for a few days. No bugs so far. Just bit the bullet and ordered the studio version with the free keyboard editor. Just too good a deal to miss.
I did the same. Got the studio key already and am eagerly awaiting the keyboard. (supposedly there are some production delays with the keyboard so it might be a little while)

I am still having issues with the 2nd beta. Not as bad but Fusion is still pretty unstable. This is with pretty advanced things like 3D camera tracking though.

Can someone share where the deal is for Davinci with the free board with the keyboard? Maybe it is over?

Thanx!

SORRY!

I found it.

From website today: "We are pleased to announce the release of DaVinci Resolve Studio 17 Public Beta 3, as well as DaVinci Resolve Studio 17.1 Public Beta 3, the universal app supporting M1 powered Macs. The DaVinci Resolve 17.1 releases are compatible with macOS Big Sur on both platforms, and is initially only available for Mac with Apple M1."

Reactions: brett8883
From website today: "We are pleased to announce the release of DaVinci Resolve Studio 17 Public Beta 3, as well as DaVinci Resolve Studio 17.1 Public Beta 3, the universal app supporting M1 powered Macs. The DaVinci Resolve 17.1 releases are compatible with macOS Big Sur on both platforms, and is initially only available for Mac with Apple M1."
Thanks for keeping us updated! Can you please link to where you see that and how you are getting notifications of the new beta updates please?

They are saying that for a limited time if you buy the studio version you get that new Bluetooth cut console free if there wasn’t already enough reason to get it. I talked to B&H photo and they said they don’t have that promo up on their site yet but they are working on it.
This bears reiterating - I figured I'd get the studio version eventually, but if I can buy it now (and thus far, BMD has offered free updates to every new version) and get a $300 editing panel for free, that's pretty enticing. I called my local AV shop, a BMD dealer, and they said the same as B&H - they don't have it available yet. Studio 17 is still in beta (I think Beta 3 was just released yesterday or today, as someone pointed out earlier) so presumably they are waiting for the final release.

I subscribed to the BMD Facebook page so I get the notices about new releases and betas.

Sorry Windows guys ( I'm one too ) check out what Blackmagic has done with Apple and the new M1 computers .... this is amazing for such a cheap computer... makes you want to just buy the computer and keep it just for an edit machine... very impressive ...none of any of my workstations could ever do this type of performance...
I was excited to see the Resolve logo in the Apple M1 release presentation. I've got the latest MacBook Pro with the i9 intel chip but it looks like the ARM chip is going to blow it out of the water, possible for significantly cheaper. Looks like it may be time to upgrade my office computer.

This bears reiterating - I figured I'd get the studio version eventually, but if I can buy it now (and thus far, BMD has offered free updates to every new version) and get a $300 editing panel for free, that's pretty enticing. I called my local AV shop, a BMD dealer, and they said the same as B&H - they don't have it available yet. Studio 17 is still in beta (I think Beta 3 was just released yesterday or today, as someone pointed out earlier) so presumably they are waiting for the final release.

I subscribed to the BMD Facebook page so I get the notices about new releases and betas.
Ordered Studio and the speed editor last Thursday (From supplier in Wagga Wagga) Delivered to me on Monday in Perth. Very impressed with Version 17 and the editor.

Ordered Studio and the speed editor last Thursday (From supplier in Wagga Wagga) Delivered to me on Monday in Perth. Very impressed with Version 17 and the editor.
How do you like the panel? I’m considering it. My only hesitation is that they keep emphasizing that it’s helpful for the “Cut” screen, and I mostly use the “Edit” function. Is it good for that?

Did you receive the editor already too? The second version of the 17 beta appears to be more stable than the original release, but due to crappy weather I haven't shot any interesting new footage worth editing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU