DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Davinci Resolve 17 released!!!!

How do you like the panel? I’m considering it. My only hesitation is that they keep emphasizing that it’s helpful for the “Cut” screen, and I mostly use the “Edit” function. Is it good for that?
It is certainly designed for the Cut page, and some of the functionality does not work on the edit page. I note that the beta 3 version has some more functionality on the color page so I presume as time goes on Black Magic will release more functionality. I had not used the cut page much before, but did some editing today on a long video I had downloaded from some old Video tape. Found the speed editor and cut page made the whole process very simple and quick. If the wind drops of I am looking forward to trying it on some Mavic video.

Thanks for keeping us updated! Can you please link to where you see that and how you are getting notifications of the new beta updates please?
Bret, I didn't get a notification, I just click on the check for updates on the program itself and if an update is available it will take me to the download page. I'll make sure I put a link next time. :)

has any one here used the Topaz Labs Video Enhance AI.... I know the photo options work miracles on Photos and I'd imagine the Video software is just doing the same enhancements frame by frame on the video side of things... would be interesting to take some 4K drone footage and see how well it enhances the footage..
to stay on topic.. can't wait to get the BM panel... :)

has any one here used the Topaz Labs Video Enhance AI.... I know the photo options work miracles on Photos and I'd imagine the Video software is just doing the same enhancements frame by frame on the video side of things... would be interesting to take some 4K drone footage and see how well it enhances the footage..
to stay on topic.. can't wait to get the BM panel... :)
Stay tuned... I just bought the whole Topaz package and also just got a new M1 Macbook Pro. I tried to upscale a short video yesterday but while it said it would take 2 hours for a 15 second video, 5 hours later it was still working and I had to leave the office so I shut it down. Trying again today. (I do disagree that the Topaz software works miracles, but they are a good tool in my workflow and do a good job).

hope to see how it works with the M1... are you running the latest version of the program... I think they said they sped the program up with the last version...

hope to see how it works with the M1... are you running the latest version of the program... I think they said they sped the program up with the last version...
Yes. Just downloaded the latest one yesterday. It's sitting on my desk right now. Says 25 minutes left. Upsizing from 1080 to 4K.

Yes. Just downloaded the latest one yesterday. It's sitting on my desk right now. Says 25 minutes left. Upsizing from 1080 to 4K.
Different video. This one was 46 seconds. Just finished. For those who don’t want to do the math it took about 26 hours. New M1 MacBook Pro.

Attachments

• C5C73308-22F7-465E-8801-4B2DF49537E6.jpeg
    C5C73308-22F7-465E-8801-4B2DF49537E6.jpeg
    515.7 KB · Views: 9
You guys know Resolve has a built in upscaling function like Topaz and it doesn’t take 26 hours. It’s called Super Scale. Google it to see how to use.

You guys know Resolve has a built in upscaling function like Topaz and it doesn’t take 26 hours. It’s called Super Scale. Google it to see how to use.
You saying I’m lying? :) just reporting my experience. I use topaz and Adobe and Davinci. Tell me how I can get it to go faster.

You saying I’m lying? :) just reporting my experience. I use topaz and Adobe and Davinci. Tell me how I can get it to go faster.
No I wasn’t saying that at all, I totally believe it based on how long it takes to do just one still image. I’m saying that you can use the Resolve Super Scale function to upscale video at a much faster rate.

Reactions: dawgpilot
No I wasn’t saying that at all, I totally believe it based on how long it takes to do just one still image. I’m saying that you can use the Resolve Super Scale function to upscale video at a much faster rate.

Cool. I’ll check it out. And sorry, I misunderstood your comment. My mistake!

Reactions: brett8883
I watched the video demonstration of the new features. There are so many I cannot even wrap my brain around them. I can see why Hollywood film people would use this program.

They've really added features to the Cut Page, Color Page, Fairlight, Fusion and Editing pages.... Wait... Did I just mention ALL the different pages???? Holy schnikes. Davinci Resolve 17 is still in beta, but is available now.

Just thought some folks would want to know.
I’m new to editing and this was recommended, so I went to their website, got the execute file, and started the download...almost TWELVE hours? Am I doing something wrong?

I’m new to editing and this was recommended, so I went to their website, got the execute file, and started the download...almost TWELVE hours? Am I doing something wrong?

Do you have a very slow connection? The download took less than 10 minutes for me. (I think the DaVinci Resolve download is around 1 gigabyte in size.)

As recommended, check your connection. It took 3 minutes on my connection which is pretty fast most of the day. Then dial up any of the online tutorials that can get your started or help you get acquainted with varying tasks for your projects.

Last edited:
Beta 5 now out. Hard to keep up with these new releases. Note the Icon has changed, not sure what else
Wow! I just downloaded beta 4 yesterday. The first beta was highly unstable, but everything since then has been much better. This version 17 so many features it’s hard to wrap my head around them. They have so many new features that other than basics it’s almost like learning a brand new program. And to think that 90+ percent of it is offered for free.

Beta 6 out. Glad they are working hard in eliminating all the bugs.

Beta 8 out today. Not sure what the changes are yet. ;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580