DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Did I stuff up or sw problem ?

BlackbirdSR71

Reactions
I lost my Mavic air at sea. I had low warning battery set at 20% . Automatic RTH started at 20% as well. Strangely (?) auto landing started when battery was at 18%. I was flying at 30m high and 100m away from the starting point . It happened so fast that the drone landed on a rock slab near the shores and then was washed away by a massive wave . When it landed, the battery was at 15%. I tried to take off but I guess the battery was not enough to enable the take off.
When the auto landing is triggered.? I thought 10% but it seems is not the case. Any clarification DJI service people ? Thanks

I lost my Mavic air at sea. I had low warning battery set at 20% . Automatic RTH started at 20% as well. Strangely (?) auto landing started when battery was at 18%. I was flying at 30m high and 100m away from the starting point . It happened so fast that the drone landed on a rock slab near the shores and then was washed away by a massive wave . When it landed, the battery was at 15%. I tried to take off but I guess the battery was not enough to enable the take off.
When the auto landing is triggered.? I thought 10% but it seems is not the case. Any clarification DJI service people ? Thanks
I don’t believe any service folks from DJI are here. Try contacting them directly.
Sounds like home point was not recorded properly, or you failed to dismiss auto-landing to get to home point.

Sorry for your loss. In a RTH situation you can still input control commands. Like full throttle and the drone will stop landing and forward stick to bring it closer. Something every pilot should test while NOT in an emergency situation.

You need to post the flight log to get any detailed answers. However, to address your general questions, smart RTH is triggered when the battery level drops below a value that is based on distance from the home point, and autolanding is triggered at a battery level based on height. The warning levels that you set play no role in either.

TXT log: DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karajovic