DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Disconnected 10 feet away

Bob1023

Reactions
I was 10 feet away from my drone and maybe the drone was 15 feet up. I was testing the drone following my daughters and it just completely disconnected from my controller with the iPhone in my neighborhood. It went to return to home mode and of course hit the tree above it.

That’s annoying. What did I do wrong now? Why would it completely disconnect when I’m so close to it? I tried moving my controller around too.

completely disconnected from my controller with the iPhone

I've had the phone disconnect from the controller, but it didn't disconnect my MA from the controller. So, your light on the controller went from Green to Red? Did you review your data log to see if it was WiFi interference?

You must have been a little further away than your recollection, otherwise it would have just landed.
Your option was to press RTH and cancel RTH, however if it didnt reconnect in time, you were still going to hit the tree.
Sorry for your loss Bud.
rth.jpg

I was 10 feet away from my drone and maybe the drone was 15 feet up. I was testing the drone following my daughters and it just completely disconnected from my controller with the iPhone in my neighborhood. It went to return to home mode and of course hit the tree above it.

That’s annoying. What did I do wrong now? Why would it completely disconnect when I’m so close to it? I tried moving my controller around too.
hello I had my Air since yesterday and I upgraded to last version all the firmware, I had the same experience and this never happen with my spark, so what I did to fixed was press re pair the remote control by follow a YouTube video and after that bum my Air can go farther, I hope this will help you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zohpar