DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Assistant question

JMC3

Reactions
I’m new to the forum I have not checked past discussions. But this is My way to get introduced...as I learn the forum I’ll check past discussions.
Just purchased Mavic air pro 2. Been flying Rc planes for 30 years. I needed a way to film the mountains where I go hiking. One battery light refused to go off. First question using the DJI assistant on my pc it was hooked up exactly correctly to the drone. Propellers removed and shield on camera off... The ap found the drone installation went ok but at conclusion it said failed. I did retry and it completed successfully. Is this normal. And did it actually install correctly? I was reading where others used an iPad but I have no clue how that is done regarding hooking up the connections.

welcome to the forum ,have you downloaded the manual off the DJI website it has plenty of info on how your drone works

I’m new to the forum I have not checked past discussions. But this is My way to get introduced...as I learn the forum I’ll check past discussions.
Just purchased Mavic air pro 2. Been flying Rc planes for 30 years. I needed a way to film the mountains where I go hiking. One battery light refused to go off. First question using the DJI assistant on my pc it was hooked up exactly correctly to the drone. Propellers removed and shield on camera off... The ap found the drone installation went ok but at conclusion it said failed. I did retry and it completed successfully. Is this normal. And did it actually install correctly? I was reading where others used an iPad but I have no clue how that is done regarding hooking up the connections.
I just want to clarify what DJI Aircraft you actually got? As there is no such thing as a "Mavic Air Pro 2" So do you have a Mavic 2 Pro or a Mavic Air 2? Regardless welcome to the forum I will link both owners manuals pick the one that applies.

So Not really understanding the battery issue, your going to have to expound on what it is your describing with one light on.

As for firmware updates a fail or two is not uncommon for some depending on cabling or systems used. You App will tell you if you failed update or current.

Manuals, get a new cartridge for your printer load paper and print This out, confused on something or any questions...fire away ;) :

Mavic 2 Pro: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_2/Mavic+2+Pro+Zoom+User+Manual+V1.4.pdf

Mavic Air 2: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_Air_2/20200511/Mavic_Air_2_User_Manual_v1.0_en.pdf

Last edited:
I just want to clarify what DJI Aircraft you actually got? As there is no such thing as a "Mavic Air Pro 2" So do you have a Mavic 2 Pro or a Mavic Air 2? Regardless welcome to the forum I will link both owners manuals pick the one that applies.

So Not really understanding the battery issue, your going to have to expound on what it is your describing with one light on.

As for firmware updates a fail or two is not uncommon for some depending on cabling or systems used. You App will tell you if you failed update or current.

Manuals, get a new cartridge for your printer load paper and print This out, confused on something or any questions...fire away ;) :

Mavic 2 Pro: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_2/Mavic+2+Pro+Zoom+User+Manual+V1.4.pdf

Mavic Air 2: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_Air_2/20200511/Mavic_Air_2_User_Manual_v1.0_en.pdf

Mavic 2 pro .... had brain fart ?

Ok one thing im not clear on...Whats the maximum number of drones I can conceal from my wife prior to her finding them....Conditions varry.

and I appreciate the replies its nice to be able to ask a question without being flamed.

Ok one thing im not clear on...Whats the maximum number of drones I can conceal from my wife prior to her finding them....Conditions varry.

and I appreciate the replies its nice to be able to ask a question without being flamed.

Dunno? ?

How sneaky are you?

Buy at least three, but only let her see one. ?

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

DJI Assistant 2 is very sensitive to wireless network glitches/ interference, if you want to be safer during a firmware upgrade it's best to use a ethernet cable to connect your PC directly to the broadband modem

DJI Assistant 2 is very sensitive to wireless network glitches/ interference, if you want to be safer during a firmware upgrade it's best to use a ethernet cable to connect your PC directly to the broadband modem
Excellent idea. So accustomed to doing things wireless. Was wondering do we need to use a specific brand of Sd card. I see mostly sandisk advertised?

Excellent idea. So accustomed to doing things wireless. Was wondering do we need to use a specific brand of Sd card. I see mostly sandisk advertised?

It's the speed of the SD card that is more important, to avoid all the hassle I use the Sandisk Extreme Pro 64gb, never had a problem with the speed or any lost data in 4 years.

If you get all the Mavic models, they are easier to conceal since they look similar...they'll never see the difference as long as you only show one at a time. :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan