DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
This is incorrect information.

No it's not incorrect, it just does not apply to this situation, The OP had an RTH initiated by a loss of signal. My reply was because you were using it as an example of DJI talking about RTH's happening within 5M and 10M of the Takeoff point. DJI does not mention an RTH happening due to a loss of signal when 5-10M away because that is not something that should happen unless you turn off the RC deliberately.

Rob

Unfortunately there's no point debating this until we can at least have a flight log to look at. So we wait and hope the OP gets his unit back so we can look at it.

No it's not incorrect, it just does not apply to this situation, The OP had an RTH initiated by a loss of signal. My reply was because you were using it as an example of DJI talking about RTH's happening within 5M and 10M of the Takeoff point. DJI does not mention an RTH happening due to a loss of signal when 5-10M away because that is not something that should happen unless you turn off the RC deliberately.

Rob

The manual says "RTH, including smart RTH and low battery RTH."

So, yes a loss of signal is covered by the manufacturer instructions.

Wow this is a tricky one. I totally see where the OP is coming from and debating, but also understand the others arguing against him.
Intersting topic here.

Thought came to mind, that this situation proves how important it is to add my MP to my insurance policy, especially that im a new pilot

RF transmission is never a guaranteed thing, is subject to external influence DJI can't control, so like most manufacturers they do not consider a single RC loss as a fault but as something you always have to expect and be properly prepared for.

If you can show them it often disconnects in situations where it shouldn't then you have a case for faulty RC system, but in this case you'd probably have stopped flying when noticing the recurrent problems and had it fixed before crashing. You did not give enough background to evaluate that side of things though.

Last edited:
Reactions: PROMOLOZO
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair