DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI forum - lack of moderation

Hindsight

Reactions
Hi. I'm sorry to start my stay here on a negative note, but I think this is an issue that affects all of us. While eagerly awaiting my mavic 2 pro, I've been browsing the DJI forums to learn all I can. I was shocked to find out that it is a cesspool filled with personal attacks and vitriol.

A thread about the lack of precision landing turned into pages of members threatening each other and posting of court documents detailing a murder one of the members had committed. I'm used to banter on the net, but this was a whole new ballgame.
It is disconcerting that a mammoth company like DJI allows this to go on and makes me worried about their customer service. It hurts their brand and might put off potential customers from investing. Has it been like this for a while?

Has it been like this for a while?
It seems there are a small handful of members (some who create multiple accounts) there causing such problems. I'm not sure why the mods don't just ban them.

Reactions: 4wd
It's not likely that there is much of a correlation between the customer service department and the website discussion forum.
I'm not saying there is, but one could come to the conclusion judging by the posts that are allowed there.
In these days, online presence is crucial for companies and shouldn't be ignored.

Reactions: Ken K
You can report anything you read here and dont agree with. There is a button beneath every post. It is a public forum, so you will often see things you would often hear in real life. The moderators have quite a few forums to watch over and dont read every thread here. This is one of the most policed forums I have ever been a part of!
Welcome to the forum, and dont let a few bad apples spoil it for you!

This is NOT a DJI owned forum.

Reactions: dirkclod
You can report anything you read here and dont agree with. There is a button beneath every post. It is a public forum, so you will often see things you would often hear in real life. The moderators have quite a few forums to watch over and dont read every thread here. This is one of the most policed forums I have ever been a part of!
Welcome to the forum, and dont let a few bad apples spoil it for you!

This is NOT a DJI owned forum.
I was talking about the official DJI forum. Sorry for the confusion.

But he IS talking of DJI's own forum, not of mavicpilots...
Oh, I haven't been to that forum for a long time, It was always pretty heavily sanitized for your protection before......, and a lot of "anti" DJI stuff got deleted post haste.

Reactions: 4wd
The DJI forum has a report button too. I can only assume the mods there look into issues when people report them. Maybe nobody is reporting the posts in question.

Hi. I'm sorry to start my stay here on a negative note, but I think this is an issue that affects all of us. While eagerly awaiting my mavic 2 pro, I've been browsing the DJI forums to learn all I can. I was shocked to find out that it is a cesspool filled with personal attacks and vitriol.

A thread about the lack of precision landing turned into pages of members threatening each other and posting of court documents detailing a murder one of the members had committed. I'm used to banter on the net, but this was a whole new ballgame.
It is disconcerting that a mammoth company like DJI allows this to go on and makes me worried about their customer service. It hurts their brand and might put off potential customers from investing. Has it been like this for a while?

Just forget about DJI Forum.

This forum is the one to be. :cool::)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJIMavic3cine