DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI FPV drone now available on Amazon (ships soon!)

msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
mavichelp.com
Says in stock.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
So rather than protect the Camera from a head on collision they choose to make it easy to replace and DJI is going to offer these Replacement Kits for many of the Parts. Interesting.

Were making the Wet Suit for this and its going to Increase how Bullet Proof this drone already is .
Its also going to add a lot more protection for the Camera .

If interested email us at
[email protected]
Phantomrain.org

Reactions: NG Wildman
Looked again at Amazon and they want 90 bucks tax to me ?

• Sad
$1,299 = £930 according the 'quote' I just got. Yet on the DJI UK site the price is £1,249. Beeped again I think we are. hummmmm.
Some perhaps daft questions but I haven't gone through the manual yet
1) Is it possible to use a phone rather than the goggles? Using the latter would require a spotter I think. I doubt it is possible but just checking.
2) I wonder if that fancy controller, £139, will become available for other models? There are some folks on here or Phantom Pilots that have been asking about such things.

Last edited by a moderator:
I read somewhere in one of these threads the tx or goggles would be compatible with the Mini 2 but might be bad mistaken.

WOO HOO !!! It flies at about 86 miles per hour. Awesome. You'll never see it coming or going. I bet it's loud at that speed. It's range is like all the other DJI drones as well.

Even with care refresh (2 replacements) the total loss after one crash (in the video) has me concerned, analog fpv quads appear stronger, especially in the arms.

I was hoping it would combine both types of flying but it seems to be an very expensive compromise, with the shaky video and props in the view, also very dangerous to use around people as you can loose control of it easily.

This will REQUIRE a second person to serve as VLOS observer, which makes it useless to me. Unless DJI gets the FAA to exempt it. (Not likely!)

This will REQUIRE a second person to serve as VLOS observer, which makes it useless to me. Unless DJI gets the FAA to exempt it. (Not likely!)
You do not have to fly with the googles , you can use a connected Monitor or Phone I believe , something to consider.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your FPV in Extreme Weather Coming Soon

How do you use a connected monitor?
Not disputing that you can but just wondering how, the USB port is described as "For charging and connecting the remote controller to the computer".

How do you use a connected monitor?
Not disputing that you can but just wondering how, the USB port is described as "For charging and connecting the remote controller to the computer".
After watching a ton of videos there is a Port that comes out of the Googles that can be used to display a Second monitor but no one has shown it working yet.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your FPV coming soon.

Last edited:
I'm not thrilled with only 20 min flight time
Compared to other FPV drones 20 minutes is alot. Might not be what you want but this drone isn’t for everyone. ?‍♂️

20 minutes with performance like this is pretty much a myth in the world of FPV drones. Hats off to DJI for raising the bar (again).

So rather than protect the Camera from a head on collision they choose to make it easy to replace and DJI is going to offer these Replacement Kits for many of the Parts. Interesting.

Were making the Wet Suit for this and its going to Increase how Bullet Proof this drone already is .
Its also going to add a lot more protection for the Camera .

If interested email us at
[email protected]
Phantomrain.org
What replacement kits?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803