DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GEO maps and FAA maps conflict? Help!

mrhinman

Reactions
I'm new to DJI drones. I've flown other non-internet aircraft in the past (still do) and I'm a bit confused by the geo-fencing that DJI has. I fly frequently in a local park ("Beal Park" on the maps below) as it is on the edge of the Class C boundary, and according to the FAA UAS map, I'm in the 300'-350' zone. Under my 107, I can obtain LAANC authorization no problem, or call the tower and get permission to fly up to that height.

However, DJI Go is telling (and limiting me) to 193'.

I'm a bit confused, as I have found no way to unlock the height past that 193' limit, despite having an authorization in hand. Am I missing a step somewhere?

FAA UAS Map:
ArcGIS_FAA_Map.JPG

DJI GEO Map:
DJI_GEO_Map.jpg

--
Matthew

Reactions: crlmjohnson
I have a similar situation. I am 4.9 miles from airport, In line with the active runway. My limit is same. If I travel a quarter mile perpendicularly away of the approach vector, I have 393’ of vertical allowance. With cloud cover, I see airplanes come in low all the time. So I respect the geofencing.

Reactions: crlmjohnson
I have the same issue, and I and I did a self-unlocking.

Reactions: mrhinman
Whats the deal with the different No Fly Zones between DJI GO, B4UFLY & AirMap, they all show something different.

Different algorithms. Just circles, or contoured to locations with more or less risk within the circle.

Whats the deal with the different No Fly Zones between DJI GO, B4UFLY & AirMap, they all show something different.
I refer to all them, Plus skyvector, I tried to really look at what Air space I am in, and other things like airports, facilities, people, etc....paying close attention to NFZs

I'd strongly recommend against using AirMap as they are working against the drone industry rather than for it. Well known that cofounder Greg McNeal is supporting the Tort Law Relating to Drones at the Uniform Law Commission.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsplum