DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NB_iTech

Reactions
Hi!
So I just bought a Mavic Pro about 50 days ago and I've had a lot of fun with it,
but i had to realize that my android devices are far from being enough powerful for the
live transmission:
I tried it with a Huawei P8 lite, LG G Pad 8.0 (?) (tablet) and note 4 (N910F) none,
I repeat none of them was able to handle the load of the live feed only,
I was flying the drone with a P10 lite until now and it was barely clinging on the
border of useable: It was able to receive the live feed but if I turned focus peaking or
active track on the live feed was freezing and kinda interfering... (because of the load on the phone)
I had the chance to fly the drone wit a top of the line Samsung Note 8 and I decided to
invest into a more advanced phone: The Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro/Ai 6Gb it is the best performing
6 inch FullHd phone on the market as I know... So I would be happy to hear your experiences with
the note 5 or any similarly priced alternative thanks!

I use the Samsung S6, it is more than capable, plus i can have Litchi installed and both work fine, price was £110

I have been having similar issues. I have tried the Galaxy Tab E (No luck) I have used the Nexus 7 (Works ok some pixelations) I noticed more on evening flights around dusk. I have used the Galaxy S5 Active. Had been working great. All of these have been dedicated devices to my DJI products. Last night for no reason I started getting pixelation on my evening flight with my S5. I landed immediately and switched to my cell phone Galaxy S7 Active. I turned off WiFi and put in airplane mode. I did not get any issues. I flue around for the remainder of the battery 15-20 min even in sport mode and did not get any video issues. My opinion as of now the other devices do not have enough Ram/processing power to maintain a good video feed. I will keep trying my Galaxy S7 even though that is my mobil device and can not dedicated yet to just flights.

I am an Android user and am trying everything possible not to have to switch to iProducts especially just for flights and fun.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique