DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NB_iTech

Reactions
Hi!
So I just bought a Mavic Pro about 50 days ago and I've had a lot of fun with it,
but i had to realize that my android devices are far from being enough powerful for the
live transmission:
I tried it with a Huawei P8 lite, LG G Pad 8.0 (?) (tablet) and note 4 (N910F) none,
I repeat none of them was able to handle the load of the live feed only,
I was flying the drone with a P10 lite until now and it was barely clinging on the
border of useable: It was able to receive the live feed but if I turned focus peaking or
active track on the live feed was freezing and kinda interfering... (because of the load on the phone)
I had the chance to fly the drone wit a top of the line Samsung Note 8 and I decided to
invest into a more advanced phone: The Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro/Ai 6Gb it is the best performing
6 inch FullHd phone on the market as I know... So I would be happy to hear your experiences with
the note 5 or any similarly priced alternative thanks!

I use the Samsung S6, it is more than capable, plus i can have Litchi installed and both work fine, price was £110

I have been having similar issues. I have tried the Galaxy Tab E (No luck) I have used the Nexus 7 (Works ok some pixelations) I noticed more on evening flights around dusk. I have used the Galaxy S5 Active. Had been working great. All of these have been dedicated devices to my DJI products. Last night for no reason I started getting pixelation on my evening flight with my S5. I landed immediately and switched to my cell phone Galaxy S7 Active. I turned off WiFi and put in airplane mode. I did not get any issues. I flue around for the remainder of the battery 15-20 min even in sport mode and did not get any video issues. My opinion as of now the other devices do not have enough Ram/processing power to maintain a good video feed. I will keep trying my Galaxy S7 even though that is my mobil device and can not dedicated yet to just flights.

I am an Android user and am trying everything possible not to have to switch to iProducts especially just for flights and fun.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+