DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO app depletes my Samsung Note 3 battery overnight

Yep - I'm waiting for that fix also.

For now, I go into settings/apps and force close after I fly. Only app I've ever had to do that on.

I also removed some of the privs they as for. No need for access to my contacts, phone, or microphone

Wow some huge paranoid behaviour in this topic , dji are going to rob me and then connect to all my freinds phone's , then there probably going to take over the world . Now I can't root anything and I'm just a simpleton but I don't think the dji app is worse than most . In fact I think this forum app has a lot of permissions and as for face book , they can turn on your camera while your phone is off and record you
(tounge in cheek) back to post . I haven't found the app drains battery at all when not in use . My galaxy tells me all battery usage for each app and dji4 is very low and I don't think on anyway they are placing spy ware.

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

[quote uid=101 name="HeliFreak" post=74473]Fwiw, Close All still does not stop the app on my phone (s7), I have to go into the application manager and manually "Force Stop", for both DJI Go or DJI GO4. It's just something I've gotten used to doing. Not a big deal really, and on restarting the phone it doesn't auto start, so you only have to worry about it after you fly the drone.[/QUOTE]<br />THANKS FOR THE TIP

My s7edge stops the app from running from the close all tab

Wow some huge paranoid behaviour in this topic , dji are going to rob me and then connect to all my freinds phone's , then there probably going to take over the world . Now I can't root anything and I'm just a simpleton but I don't think the dji app is worse than most . In fact I think this forum app has a lot of permissions and as for face book , they can turn on your camera while your phone is off and record you
(tounge in cheek) back to post . I haven't found the app drains battery at all when not in use . My galaxy tells me all battery usage for each app and dji4 is very low and I don't think on anyway they are placing spy ware.

I think you exaggerate. I just wonder why they ask for them. App seems to run fine with them turned off.

And - I didn't install this forum app nor Facebook. Facebook tended to use too much battery ;-).

All that said, I doubt there is any "spyware" in the DJI app.

I wonder why some people have an issue and others don't. My phone just updated to Android 7 so I wonder if that would make a difference. It definitely used battery when in the background on Android 6.

Fwiw, Close All still does not stop the app on my phone (s7), I have to go into the application manager and manually "Force Stop", for both DJI Go or DJI GO4. It's just something I've gotten used to doing. Not a big deal really, and on restarting the phone it doesn't auto start, so you only have to worry about it after you fly the drone.

exactly what I said before.. lol

Encountered this too and posted a thread asking about the exact same thing..

But the thing I noted is, even if I force close the app through the "Close All" function that I supposed comes with all android , the Go 4 app still seems to be draining
my battery in the background.

so what I did is I went to android settings and then to applications and then look for the Go 4 app and tap on "Force stop"
only then the Go 4 app don't leech my phone batt..

I guess I'll be doing this everytime I bring my Mavic out for a spin, if it ever reaches me , that is.. :oops:

That's exactly what I am doing now....And looks like it's the only way. Also need to clear cache everytime, or else will get Disconnect issues where you can't connect to the plane at all.

Got to love these conspiracy theories! We would all be shocked if we really new how much data is collected on us from all our internet use, smart phones, credit card use, etc.... we cannot escape it no matter how hard we try.
Am I worried about it, a simple NO! If I was doing something illegal, I might feel differently. Most of the info they collect from me is just to try to get me to buy more stuff.
Going to go flying now and maybe some internet shopping later today!! Lol

That's how they keep the population under control and obedient and fearful of fighting the rulers (err....so they can do what they like). Simple to understand, right? The whole purpose IS control.....

Oh, btw ---- Donald Trump has surrendered his Android phone

Because, Android has backdoor access no matter what ---- Security concerns force President Trump to ditch Android phone

Last edited:
My s7edge stops the app from running from the close all tab
You sure about that? Background apps and services don't generally stay off if you just close them from the task manager.

Closes fine from the Close All menu on my phone, without leaving anything running in the background. Recently my device (Oneplus 3) updated to Android 7, and continues to work the same.

Got to love these conspiracy theories! We would all be shocked if we really new how much data is collected on us from all our internet use, smart phones, credit card use, etc.... we cannot escape it no matter how hard we try.
Am I worried about it, a simple NO! If I was doing something illegal, I might feel differently. Most of the info they collect from me is just to try to get me to buy more stuff.
Going to go flying now and maybe some internet shopping later today!! Lol

Exactly mate if you are doing nothing wrong then what is there to worry about?

I have noticed how overly paranoid people are on here and unfortunately on the whole they are folks from the states (sorry but it's true) I wonder if that's a double double bluff from the government trying to control you even more hehe

Just get on with life have fun and enjoy your drone

I have a spare Galaxy note2 and was considering using this for flying my mavic. I don't need a sim card to do this do I?

I'm not paranoid at all. I really don't think there's anything nefarious going on, and I couldn't care less about the app permissions. However, I am quite sure that the app was using up unnecessary power on my phone. After killing the DJI Go 4 background process, I have seen a huge improvement in my battery life. Perhaps it's not always a big power user. Perhaps there's some kind of bug, and it only sometime gets stuck in a loop doing some kind background task. I don't really know. But killing the app definitely worked to bring back my normal battery life.

This is happening to me now, once I changed over to DJI GO 4.0. (since DJI GO will no longer be Mavic supported by DJI next month).

I have the LG V20 phone (new Android). The regular DJI GO app never was listed in my battery usage list if I did not open the app that day. Now with GO 4.0, I'm seeing 5% drain in only a few hours while never opening the app. Its even greater than Facebook using 3%, which i was using several times and constantly syncing.

There is definitely something going on with this app even when shut down and not being used.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UR7CR