DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Goggles FINALLY HERE!!!!

The Mavic SD card records in either MP4 or MOV video files, I am hoping putting a micro SD card with these format files of films into the goggles will enable the watching of movies etc.

Reactions: PacketRacket
The Mavic SD card records in either MP4 or MOV video files, I am hoping putting a micro SD card with these format files of films into the goggles will enable the watching of movies etc.

We likely need to know what specifics they require to accomplish that. I think someone mentioned that they could not just play a video recorded from their mavic, so they may add an additional tag or it may be as simple as a file on the SD card - that did not exist on the Mavic's SD.

The device certainly seems like a great opportunity for being hacked for alternative uses...

Hi Josh. So, I admit I only watched a couple of youtube reviews and the first 5 or so pages of this thread.... So, I apologize if this was answered.

Do you plan on testing the HDMI to a computer or console? It would be pretty awesome playing Zelda on a Nintendo Switch connected to these...

Alternatively, just plugging into a computer to watch a movie - it seems like it should work for non-netflix based content, but I am really curious so the purchase is not single use. Especially, if you require a 2nd person to fly (legally and safely/responsibility).

Thanks for your review!

I tested with a few HDMI devices today. Works as I would expect. The goggles automatically switched the HDMI source when no Mavic or Phantom feed was detected.

Reactions: ckizer
I tested with a few HDMI devices today. Works as I would expect. The goggles automatically switched the HDMI source when no Mavic or Phantom feed was detected.

Have you ever used an HTC Vive or Occulus rift headset? How does the screen door effect compare? Does the resolution feel amazing? Can you see little details?

Copied a MP4 film onto a micro sd card, but the goggles wont play. Tried copying 1080p Mavic video from Mavic to a micro sd in the goggles, but fails. Plays from Mavic to goggles no problem. Watched some backed up files on my pc through hdmi to the goggles no problem. I am sure the goggles will develop, or at least I am hoping. It would be useful to be able to put a micro sd card loaded with a few MP4 films to watch whilst travelling etc.

Have you ever used an HTC Vive or Occulus rift headset? How does the screen door effect compare? Does the resolution feel amazing? Can you see little details?

I don't notice a screen door effect. It's pretty much what you would expect from a 1080p TV fairly close.

I'm used to using an iPhone to watch the inflight video and I feel like it's a pretty big upgrade. I can see so much more than I ever did on the tiny phone display.

Not sure how it compares to using a large tablet.

Reactions: ckizer
Super excited. Tomorrow's the day.

Just an FYI....mine came with very little charge..so they're happily blinking away right now..I plan to take them out an hour or so before sunset...but a charge they will definitely need..by the way...they're AWESOME and the fit is darn good too!

Just an FYI....mine came with very little charge..so they're happily blinking away right now..I plan to take them out an hour or so before sunset...but a charge they will definitely need..by the way...they're AWESOME and the fit is darn good too!

Mine get here tomorrow, forecast is for rain all morning, and thunderstorms all afternoon. I appreciate everyone sharing on here, tomorrow should be smooth sailing.

Reactions: Peregrine

they do seem to hold their charge though. I ran through two batteries of the Mavic using the goggles and the goggles are still on the 'fullest' led of battery charge

Reactions: Merlin23
These are a great piece of tech, just wished that the telemetry was in imperial and not metric. Maybe an update will change that.

These are a great piece of tech, just wished that the telemetry was in imperial and not metric. Maybe an update will change that.

For sure their will be tons of software updates with all kind of goodies. DJI has a tendency to ship early and then make a thing way more awesome with tons of new software features.

Mine arrived, now I have to wait on corporate to send them to me. That will take another week.

Rob

Reactions: Jaholibop
Finally here!! You too can look this good lmao!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0156.JPG
    IMG_0156.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 54
I have to say it again... Best Buy sucks.
By the way Congrats to those who already received theirs [emoji16]

Nice, how is the experience ?
Amazing, you will love them they totally open up the flying experience and work great :) , will post a vid in a day or so got lots of footage from the first few flights.

Jim.

Reactions: Clinton1
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J