DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Goggles - Immersive FPV Aerial Video Goggles

Advexure

Reactions
Good morning from NAB here in Las Vegas!

After an awesome event last night at the Wynn with exciting new releases from DJI including the Ronin 2, CrystalSky Monitors, Cendence Remote Controller, and Tracktenna -- this morning we are happy to announce the release of DJI's first FPV glasses/goggles, the DJI Goggles.

51a17622-e325-49c6-a29d-a6e53cef33e2.jpg

DJI Goggles are comfortable goggles designed for seamless FPV flying with DJI products. They combine a pair of large ultra-high quality screens, long-range, low lag wireless connectivity, and direct control of photo and video capture.

Low Lag Transmission
DJI Goggles are able to offer both 720p/60fps and close range 1080p/30fps with an extremely low latency of just 110ms.

High Quality Optics
Each screen packs its pixels together tightly so you see a clean, cohesive image with no latticing.

Head Tracking
Your head movements control both the aircraft yaw and camera tilt in Head Tracking Flight mode as with the remote controller sticks.

Touchpad & Remote Controller

Access to key intelligent features through a touchpad integrated into the DJI Goggles.

Compatibility: DJI Goggles supports Mavic Pro, Phantom 4 series and Inspire series. Some functions will be adapted for different DJI Products.

Availability: Late May (All May pre-orders are now sold out, new pre-orders are estimated for fulfillment in June) - Updated 4/25/17 10am PST

Price: $449

Now Available for Pre-Order
DJI Goggles – Immersive FPV Video Glasses

Last edited:
Aah finally!

Any detailed specs, FOV etc?

Detailed look:

HDMI in's there! But apparently no HDMI out that could have made them useful as a receiver to put out live footage of a Mavic it seems :(

Last edited:
Good morning from NAB here in Las Vegas!

After an awesome event last night at the Wynn with exciting new releases from DJI including the Ronin 2, CrystalSky Monitors, Cendence Remote Controller, and Tracktenna -- this morning we are happy to announce the release of DJI's first FPV glasses/goggles, the DJI Goggles.

View attachment 11509

DJI Goggles are comfortable goggles designed for seamless FPV flying with DJI products. They combine a pair of large ultra-high quality screens, long-range, low lag wireless connectivity, and direct control of photo and video capture.

Low Lag Transmission
DJI Goggles are able to offer both 720p/60fps and close range 1080p/30fps with an extremely low latency of just 110ms.

High Quality Optics
Each screen packs its pixels together tightly so you see a clean, cohesive image with no latticing.

Head Tracking
Your head movements control both the aircraft yaw and camera tilt in Head Tracking Flight mode as with the remote controller sticks.

Touchpad & Remote Controller

Access to key intelligent features through a touchpad integrated into the DJI Goggles.

Compatibility: DJI Goggles supports Mavic Pro, Phantom 4 series and Inspire series. Some functions will be adapted for different DJI Products.

Availability: Late May

Price: $449

Hopefully this is finally for real? And $449 is a far sight better than $699!!

BASIC
Weight Goggles: 495 g
Headband: 500 g
Dimensions Goggles: 195×155×110 mm
Headband(Folded): 255×205×92 mm
FOV 85° (single screen)
Screen Size 5 inch×2
Interpupillary Distance Range 58 – 70 mm
Refresh rate 60 Hz
Screen Resolution 3840×1080 (single screen: 1920×1080)
Operating Frequency 2.4 GHz
Max.Transmission Distance Same as the aircraft connected
Video Downlink Resolution 1080p 30, 720p 60, 720p 30
Video Downlink Latency at least
(Near field and free of interference)
110 ms (Mavic Pro, 720p60, video format: 720p120) 150 ms (Phantom 4 series, 720p60, video format: 720p60/720p120)
140 ms (Inspire 2+X5S, 720p60, video format: 1080p120)
190 ms (Inspire 2+X4S, 720p60, video format: 1080p60)
Battery Capacity 9440 mAh
Battery Energy 35.44 Wh
Max Operating Time 6 hrs
Operating Temperature Range 32°F (0°C) - 104°F (40°C)
I/O Interface Micro USB, 3.5mm audio jack,
HDMI type-D, Micro SD card slot
HDMI Supported HDMI 1.4b, HDCP 1.4
Sensors Gyroscope, Accelerometer, Proximity sensor
Charger Input: 100-240VAC, 50/60 Hz. 0.5A
Output: 5V,3A ; 9V,2A;12V,1.5A

Reactions: Advexure
Afraid 85° FOV will look crud, would rather have had ~50-60 or so. We'll see.

"Interesting" engineering decision to favor completely useless battery life of 6 hours versus the very important factor of head-mounted weight by including an unnecessarily big battery.

Sony went to great lengths to shave off a bit of the weight of their HMZ series that weighed 400gr for comfort, and DJI gives us a monstrous 1kg brick.

I wonder if anyone will design skins for them. I'd rather it in a darker colour

One thing I would love to see is the motion control gamble on other glasses to be supported.

There is a head tracking mode that moves the drone body in yaw and the gimbal in pitch.
Another mode that moves the gimbal in yaw and pitch. Not clear what happens when you reach the yaw limit of the gimbal - (does the aircraft then yaw ...?).

I wonder if anyone will design skins for them. I'd rather it in a darker colour

I'm sure a third party will design some skins, look at how many there are for the Mavic! The white design does look a little toy-like but then it also looks pretty futuristic :cool:

There is a head tracking mode that moves the drone body in yaw and the gimbal in pitch.
Another mode that moves the gimbal in yaw and pitch. Not clear what happens when you reach the yaw limit of the gimbal - (does the aircraft then yaw ...?).

That's what we're assuming. Won't know first hand until a pre-production display unit arrives in! :)

Expensive for me. It is too much just having for fun :( And it is too big. If you will wear it people will think that you crazy :D

Reactions: Advexure and Rbruz
Looks ginormous but it's the price to pay for visual quality and features? I'm sure they tried to make it smaller.

Would only buy if able to demo a pair, not sure if they will be worth it for the type of flying I do. Hope in May to try them out!

Reactions: Advexure
Would only buy if able to demo a pair, not sure if they will be worth it for the type of flying I do. Hope in May to try them out!

If you're in the Los Angeles area we'd be happy to have you stop on by in a couple of weeks to check them out!

Reactions: Fplvert
They look huge! I wonder if someone will come up with a way to pack them in the fly more bag?;););)

I bought a pair of Cinemizers 3 years ago for $750, so the DJI price seems reasonable for all those capabilities. I'm looking forward to try them!

They look huge! I wonder if someone will come up with a way to pack them in the fly more bag?;););)

I bought a pair of Cinemizers 3 years ago for $750, so the DJI price seems reasonable for all those capabilities. I'm looking forward to try them!

Ha! Maybe people will find after all that they will have a use for their Fly More Bag to be a goggle carrying bag since it is near worthless for the Mavic :) Or will the Goggles not even fit in that??

Cinemizers were definitely a great goggle and still are (I personally still use them). When looking at the options on the market the $459 price point from DJI is actually very competitive for the features they pack.

Reactions: gavcuk and Fplvert
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54