DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI inspection in China - feedback on internet looks scary

dix

Reactions
Hi everyone.

The gimbal on my MA is sticky on the roll - it gets a bit stuck off axis, not good for the shots i want. There is no care refresh package available in my region, the authorised repair center has sent the drone logs in, and DJI has advised that they want the drone sent to them for inspection (from my region, it's sent to China).
Reading up on other people sending their drones to DJI - there are reports of receiving refurbished drones back, or being invoiced for parts that don't need replacement, and it seems like the owners basically had no choice, but to pay for the repairs to parts that don't need to be replaced.

Are there good news stories out there about sending your drones to DJI. Im seriously considering rather replacing the gimbal camera, rather then not having my drone gone for the time to send to China and back, and having the possibility of being bamboozled by unneeded replacement parts or unwanted refurb drone.

Please let me know your experience.

Thanks

Hi everyone.

The gimbal on my MA is sticky on the roll - it gets a bit stuck off axis, not good for the shots i want. There is no care refresh package available in my region, the authorised repair center has sent the drone logs in, and DJI has advised that they want the drone sent to them for inspection (from my region, it's sent to China).
Reading up on other people sending their drones to DJI - there are reports of receiving refurbished drones back, or being invoiced for parts that don't need replacement, and it seems like the owners basically had no choice, but to pay for the repairs to parts that don't need to be replaced.

Are there good news stories out there about sending your drones to DJI. Im seriously considering rather replacing the gimbal camera, rather then not having my drone gone for the time to send to China and back, and having the possibility of being bamboozled by unneeded replacement parts or unwanted refurb drone.

Please let me know your experience.

Thanks

If you are in the U.S. check out @Thunderdrones.

Reactions: Former Member
Is it still under the 6 month gimbal warranty? Yes, they might send you a refurb, but that will still be cheaper than buying your own gimbal, I would think.

I think Heliguy in the UK have their own repair team......

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998