DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic 2 confirmed by Argos (specs & model names)

I'd like to point out this really puts to bed the idea of flying with bubble on... Clearly been designed that way! It's their sad attempt at saving the ever so sensitive gimbal.
Biggest downside to the MP it's like flying around with your balls hanging loose... Any little flick and you're in pain

Reactions: genesimmons
I'd like to point out this really puts to bed the idea of flying with bubble on... Clearly been designed that way! It's their sad attempt at saving the ever so sensitive gimbal.
Biggest downside to the MP it's like flying around with your balls hanging loose... Any little flick and you're in pain

Not at all, those shots are of the Mavic 2 folded.up for transport and so with the bubble fitted. That done isn't designed for being used when flying for many reasons.

Reactions: royalhghnss
Here's the scan of the catalogue page
Did y'all notice Omni directional obstacle avoidance? 4x combined zoom would be cool. Greater zoom would great. An ability to see the forward cameras with secondary view from main camera would be great feature, greater zoom, and obstacle avoidance they already added seem like the future. Longer flight times will put the nail in the coffin for any competitors.

Not at all, those shots are of the Mavic 2 folded.up for transport and so with the bubble fitted. That done isn't designed for being used when flying for many reasons.
DJI does show flying with the bubble on current MP. Yes can distort image, but that's when you take it off For just flying about and learning they recommend you keep bubble on, that's why it comes with a protector. The MA however doesn't have that our gimbal cover is clearly remove before flight period

It may just be the poor quality photo, but it doesn't even look like that bubble should fit over the sides of the gimbal. I imagine it's going to be an extremely tight fit just getting the thing on. The gimbal cover, specifically the clip behind the bubble was one of my least favourite parts of the original MP. It was incredibly fiddly for me to fit. The one on the MA is vastly superior, and believe it or not, one of the reasons I switched.

Reactions: mad monkey
Here's a significantly better picture of the catalogue page:

H89Di1Z.jpg

Source: r/Multicopter - DJI Mavic Pro 2 confirmed!

It looks like there will be a Mavic 2 for the professional/prosumer video person (Pro) and a Mavic 2 for the drone hobbyist (Zoom), while both maintain the same non-camera features.

Last edited:
I guess this is the death knell of the Autel Evo. It does make you wonder if this was on purpose to stick it to Autel..

Ok. But the price is not yet known so Evo could still be a good choice.
Does it bother anyone else how off-centered the camera is on the Evo? Just looks wrong to me.
EVO118A2889Edited_2000x2000_e5c6c7c1-c5f0-4a56-81ca-8384116a986d_grande.jpg

Reactions: Vilco
The plastic dome cover on the mavic pro CAN be left in from what I've read. You do however run the risk of glare from your images/videos. One video I watched also highlighted the there are air vents behind the camera so keeping the dome on could potentially reduce the amount of air intake which will help keeping the thing cool. Personally I remove it all the time, the drone is up in the air so, if you're worried about something knocking the camera when it's 200ft up in the air you should probably be worrying about a bit more than that to be honest :)

A zoom on a 1 inch sensor would be a beast - too big for that gimbal design to contemplate.

Mind you, it is only 2x optical zoom, not any mega-zoom, but the pictures are telling. The Zoom's version design looks like Mavic Air.

DJI state quite clearly in the manual (which most people dont bother reading) the dome can be left on for flying if you wish to protect the camera and gimbal. It can result in flare and reduced image quality but is perfect safe. Handy when first learning to fly the thing or if its very dusty or wet.
You'll get better images without it but as DJI themselves say, fly with it on if you require.

Reactions: Lapeer20m
Mind you, it is only 2x optical zoom, not any mega-zoom, but the pictures are telling. The Zoom's version design looks like Mavic Air.
Mega zoom advertisements would instantly ban them as surveillance devices and would make all the crazies think we all have mega zoom from 300ft up

Reactions: JDawg
Does it bother anyone else how off-centered the camera is on the Evo? Just looks wrong to me.
EVO118A2889Edited_2000x2000_e5c6c7c1-c5f0-4a56-81ca-8384116a986d_grande.jpg
the evo camera has to be off center due to its design which is like the phantoms gimble,it also feels better built than the mavic
i keep having to say it but the mavic 2 looks alot like the evo
am i the only one to see this?:)

Or Evo looks like the MP first. We don't need to go down the who copied who copied who copied who, like smart phones.
i was referring to the up n coming mp2

I know. But if Evo looks like MP, and MP2 looks like Evo, then don't you think MP2 looks like MP, so there's no need to say it looks like Evo?
:cool:i didnt mention the mp,i am referring to the MP2

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toninhostark