DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic 2 confirmed by Argos (specs & model names)

Can't see any real issues with the UK regs coming out. Less restrictive than i thought.

This leak does make the apparently photoshopped Mavic Enterprise images seem a lot more real since you can see what looks like a Mavic 2 in the background.
Was talking about it with my colleague and we both believe that the Phantom (which is an old design now) is going to be discontinued.
We're definitely going to be taking a long hard look at a Mavic 2 to replace our current Mavic Pro and run alongside our Inspire 2 when we need to film in a smaller area.

Definitely going to be some fallout from this leak though. If it's in Argos though it's 100% real.

Can't see any real issues with the UK regs coming out. Less restrictive than i thought.

Tip of the iceberg though isn't it. The market is growing exponentially and falling prices and the increasingly large second hand market will only see way more scrotes getting their hands on drones. So we have to hope one of two things happens; either the authorities recognise that existing regulations and penalties are sufficient and that enforcing them is the key, or that the "threat" from drones turns out to be way less than anticipated by the ignoranti.

Thanks for adding my coverage to the first post, there's a second video as well which is a better quality stream, perhaps add that too :)

Reactions: Espen W
Suspect it'll go down the enforcement route. Currently there's pretty much zero.
My view drones are too easy for people to buy. People are buying them who really shouldn't have them. Thats why im fairly sure mandatory in-flight identification will be the next thing and again, im not really against that if it allows the rules to be sensible and it provides a means of identifying the cretins.

Reactions: Thwyllo
Definitely going to be some fallout from this leak though. If it's in Argos though it's 100% real.

Cant see there being any fallout, NDA would have been for a certain date, likely the 18th of July. Catalogues would have been produced way before that lead time and cost a fortune to reproduce and im sure DJI wouldnt pay for it.

Now it really makes you wonder if they had to redesign it since maybe they had backend production issues ie camera company.
Wonder how much of this will be wrong with it actually is released

Why? The topic appears to be speculation. If you don't want to read it, don't read it. Jesus.

The topic is about the Argos leak, not drone regulations and the possible future in that regard. There are a number of other threads where that can be discussed.

Those who clicked on this post likely want to read info on the Argos leak and discuss it-at least that’s what interested me.

Z

Here's the scan of the catalogue page

Last edited:
I wish they gave pricing in the ad, any guess? $1199 / $1499 US? I also find it interesting that the rear LED's are below the motors now, I like that, probably because the rear sensors are in place of where the current Mavic's rear LED is.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dave Maine
Ummm, if this was a catalog page,shouldn't it have pricing for everything ? Kind of defeats purpose if you need to use the internet to look up a price for a brick and mortar store...

Ummm, if this was a catalog page,shouldn't it have pricing for everything ? Kind of defeats purpose if you need to use the internet to look up a price for a brick and mortar store...

Not really. Its common for them. If a product is out after the catalogue is printed they just put "see internet" for pricing. When it eventually appears they usually put a sticker on the page in the catalogue in the shop.

Argos does this a lot, there are even kiosks in the store to use while you flip through the catalog to get the latest pricing for the items that don't list the price.

I wonder if they're keeping the digital zoom as well. 2x optical plus 2x digital would be very handy when image quality isn't as important but you need "eyes on". I know the Mavic Pro 2x digital zoom is very useful for roof inspectors, etc.

Anyway, thanks for posting the info: Both look really cool!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bertmag