DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic 2 Zoom - RC Remote Factory Defect, very loud fan noise

MrYKBQdV

Reactions
Hi everyone. I have just received a brand new DJI Mavic 2 Zoom bought from the official euro DJI Store. I haven't activated and/or flown the drone yet.

As a I was preparing for the first flight I turned on the Remote controller RC and left it on, without even connecting the RC to the drone. After a short while (2-3 minutes) the fan inside of the RC started spinning for no reason (not even connected to the drone). After 1 more minute or so the fan starts spinning even louder and I can tell by tilting the remote that something is very wrong with this controller since the pitch of the noise changes, either there are bad bearings in the fan or some cable is sitting on top of the fan.

Here is a video reproducing the problem. First disclaimer, HORRIBLE Spanish accent.
If you don't want to get bored to death jump directly to minute 11:30 to hear the problem.

Either way there is no reason why the fan should be turning on under this circumstances, also no reason why the remote should be heating up so fast when its not being used (it reaches 33-35º C right before I turn it of). And since its my first DJI I can't really tell if battery depletion rate is normal or not, but 1% every 2 minutes in an idle remote just does not sound normal to me.

Really really disappointed with DJI, very bad build quality and this seems like a widespread issue in the official DJI forums, Youtube and other sites. On my way to request a full refund.
Link to issue in MAVIC PILOTS
Link to issue in DJI Support Forum

You were right - that noise is not normal. It is actually quite irritating. Glad you are getting it resolved.

Update:
I just received a brand new Mavic 2 Zoom and the remote does NOT have the noise issues. I have been testing the remote in a very warm location (35•C) and only a very gentle fan noise can be heard.
It belongs to the same manufacturing batch (2018/08) as the M2Z that had the remote noise issues, so it’s safe to say that it is not a widespread issue but still acknowledged by DJI and something that you should test upon receiving a Mavic.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000