DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Air 2, can somebody point me to a list of current hacks and useful apps?

dafyik

Reactions
Hi, I tried to untangle this too many times, however every time I try to comb thru all this info I get lost.

a. I'd like to know which firmware downgrading options are available for DJI Mavic Air 2 (firmware version 01.01.0920) to version 01.01.0610, or if there are other options available to remove limitations. I did read that DankDroneDownloader was a tool used to do that but might no longer work due to anti-rollback features. If links are forbidden, just indirect mentions as allowed by the rules would be appreciated.

b. Is CIAJeepDoors the only option to avoid broadcasting drone data? Would it still work with firmware version 01.01.0920 or 01.01.0610?

c. Which apps, either mobile or desktop, are useful and worth the price, for mapping, surveying or other uses?
At the moment I can only think of the following, but would appreciate any suggestions:
3DF Zephyr
DroneDeploy
UAV Forecast

Thanks in advance for your time and for sharing your experience

a.) Once the aircraft is upgraded to the "anti-rollback" firmware, I think you are pretty much stuck.
b.) There are many ways to detect drones but I believe RID is only functional in the US and Japan (although I could be mistaken) so you may be needlessly worrying about broadcasting drone data.
c.) UAV forecast I thought I heard is no longer around, you can search on the forum and check. I've never heard of 3DF Zephyr but Drone Deploy, Maven (if you are running iOS device) or Litchi can be used for planning a mapping mission.
Hope this helps.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne