DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Air 2 with DJI smart controller

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! ? Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Hi Iannes, thx for reply. Do you know if this firmware upgrade is already scheduled for release? Or is it already avalaible?

As anzac jack said, it's been mentioned on the DJI Forum by an administrator but it could be vapor ware

Welcome and for now nope Smart Controller does NOT work with the Mavic Air 2. DJI has to come out and release a firmware update which they supposedly were going to do 2 weeks after release, but of course they didn't so who knows when this will be a reality. Spend your money elsewhere for now like I did and buy yourself a new camera. :)

Welcome and for now nope Smart Controller does NOT work with the Mavic Air 2. DJI has to come out and release a firmware update which they supposedly were going to do 2 weeks after release, but of course they didn't so who knows when this will be a reality. Spend your money elsewhere for now like I did and buy yourself a new camera. :)
As I recall from another thread in this forum, the two week window rumor was started by a Youtuber, and never promised by DJI.

Hi,
Today I have received an mail from DJI in which they explain the following.
I quote:
".... I am afraid that we won't have a plan that the Mavic Air 2 may support Smart Controller. Not sure if there is a new version of the smart controller or not in the future, please keep an eye on our official website, we will never know about the performance of future products..."

I think it is a clear statement :(

Hi,
Does anyone flew with the new Mavic Air 2 controlled by the DJI Smart Controller.
I've heard a rumour that this combination does't work :eek:
Grz Ronald
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! As of right now it doesn't work until the promised firmware update arrives from DJI. I've been checking it every few days in hopes of an update surprise but nothing yet. Fly safe and have fun!

Reactions: mrjohnc1

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15