DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic pilots - Australia

nice video man,did you color grade it? the one thing i would suggest is get some ND filters man, video was abit overexposed, but great work :)

Yes I did color grade it. You're right about the ND filters and I didn't have one at that time. I now have Polar Pro shutter collection which I'm very happy with. Easy to install and remove and doesn't mess with Gimbal init.

Yes I did color grade it. You're right about the ND filters and I didn't have one at that time. I now have Polar Pro shutter collection which I'm very happy with. Easy to install and remove and doesn't mess with Gimbal init.

where did you pick them up from? i had ND filters for my phantom, so ill be looking for new ones for my mavic.

Hi everyone,

I would like to check if it is possible to fly a drone in the Blue Mountains in NSW? Also in Hunter Valley.
Any chance of flying it near the Opera House?

I wish they made the app available outside of the Australian appstore, a pity!

Thank you very much in advance and apologise if this question was recently asked.

Hi All,
I'm on the Mid North Coast and have been flying since before Christmas. Bought the Alpine White Mavic Pro from apple with my employee purchase program so saved a heap. Have flown over 35 flights to date and still learning. The attached photo is over the Crescent Head Golf Course. BEWARE COAST EAGLES IN VICINITY. It was a straight up, Eagle appeared, and straight down.

Attachments

• IMG_0032.JPG
    IMG_0032.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 44
I felt like we should have one central location for Australian Mavic Flyers, so that we don't feel so isolated.

So, Aussie flyers, introduce yourself, state where you are from and feel free to ask or comment on anything DJI Mavic.

I'm from Adelaide by the way.

G/Day guys I'm Digby from WA, Esperance to be more precise. I've been flying since the end of November 2017. Bought my Mavic Pro didn't want to wait to for the platinum. so I just got the Mavic Pro and have no complaints. Purchased it from our local electronics store Esperance Communications

Reactions: Auspete
Gooday all.

Pete here from Vic. Just stepped up from Bebop 2 to Mavic Pro and happy that I did.

Still adjusting to mobile app differences, but getting there. Flying it is a heap of fun and quite a bit more refined over my old drone.

From reading over the Web, just worried on app crashes/cut outs which I have read has happened to others although hasn't happened to me as yet.

Also stepped up to ND filters from Polar Pro - cinema ND and NDPL combo pack.

Keen to get some footage closer to sunset or sunrise on some back beaches.

Cheers.

Reactions: Prado man
G’day all, I’m from FNQ, north of Cairns. Joined here this morning. Ordered Mavic Air Fly More last nite from HN online. Should have done it the other way round. lol

I felt like we should have one central location for Australian Mavic Flyers, so that we don't feel so isolated.

So, Aussie flyers, introduce yourself, state where you are from and feel free to ask or comment on anything DJI Mavic.

I'm from Adelaide by the way.

Hi there
Im Noel. Just bought new Mavic Air today. Here we go!!
Cheers.

I can’t remember whether I posted in this thread or not, but that’s what age does to your brain. Here goes.

I bought a Mavic Pro combo from JB late in 2017. Been in NZ for the last 3 weeks in the Golden Bay Area. Absolutely epic 4k footage but I don’t have time to edit at this stage. I have about 70kms flown and about 120+ flights. NZ is a fantastic place to fly as there are very few regulations apart from the obvious. I’ve also found that most people are very curious to find out more about the contraption. I have taken details of numerous onlookers who would like some footage and I will gladly pass it on when it’s edited.

Reactions: Simmo
G’day all,
Just got my Mavic Air today. I’m a total noob to drones & photography. Did all the updates,charging etc. First flight tomorrow, weather permitting.

Reactions: Ozimax
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka