DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic pilots - Australia

Hi I am Sharon from Perth. I bought my Mavic combo through JBHIFI, got a good deal, but have only had the opportunity to fly twice, looking forward to Christmas holidays when I can get time off to really get out there.

Welcome Sharon to MP you will learn a lot from this site and there are a lot of guys that know a great deal about flying drones, are you new to drones ?

do you have the CASA free app 'Can I Fly there' ?

Hi I am brand new to drones, and I downloaded the CASA app, that is really good. I have had 2 flights and have thoroughly enjoyed both, although a little nervous. I have a few questions but will check the right area to post them. Thank you for your welcome and I look forward to learning from others.

Hey All
Flying out of Currambine NOR in Perth.
Running a Mavic Pro right now, and doing a custom rig using a S1000 as the base.

Happy flying to all over the Christmas hols

extract from CASA briefing newsletter for November.
Drone registration etc.jpg

Hi Simmo, thanks for that will go through it tomorrow

Hi all , don’t post much but read a lot on the forum. Got a question for all the Aussies anyone know if I can take mavic to Vietnam flying Vietnam airline.
Thanks in advance

Reactions: gadgetman65
Hi all , don’t post much but read a lot on the forum. Got a question for all the Aussies anyone know if I can take mavic to Vietnam flying Vietnam airline.
Thanks in advance
Simmo has posted good info there, but I would also suggest you email your airline and ask for their info re flying with drone batteries and print out their reply and take it with you.

Hi,

I'm Elwyn. I bought the Fly More combo when it was on ~$200 discount at JB HiFi at the end of November. I live in the Inner West of Sydney and fly only on weekends and have gotten 2 hours in so far.

Reactions: Prado man
Hi,

Hubert here from Melbourne. Bought my Mavic a week before Christmas from Harvey Norman as I find them to be the cheapest. Always cheaper by $1 than JB. :)

Then on Christmas Day, they both dropped their prices by $200. :(

Hi,

Hubert here from Melbourne. Bought my Mavic a week before Christmas from Harvey Norman as I find them to be the cheapest. Always cheaper by $1 than JB. :)

Then on Christmas Day, they both dropped their prices by $200. :(

Some stores offer a rebate if this happens, might be worth asking Hardly Normal people, you might get lucky.
It is annoying when they know a special is coming out, and they do know, but just let it go in the lead up for normal pricing.

Even THIS might be almost in reach, or they might bend the rules a little for you . . .

Price Match Guarantee : Harvey Norman Australia

After all it was them and JB that had discounted price a week after you purchased :)

Some stores offer a rebate if this happens, might be worth asking Hardly Normal people, you might get lucky.
It is annoying when they know a special is coming out, and they do know, but just let it go in the lead up for normal pricing.

Even THIS might be almost in reach, or they might bend the rules a little for you . . .

Price Match Guarantee : Harvey Norman Australia

After all it was them and JB that had discounted price a week after you purchased :)

Thanks for the advise. I think I'd leave it as it's been almost three weeks since I bought it. Plus, I'm still a happy camper having played with this toy.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Hey everyone im, ash from Melbourne West, just got my mavic 2 days ago only, only been in the air for 20 mins with it so far, i sold my phantom 3 advanced to buy it
going to strap down and read all the info on here now, nice to meet everyone here.

also does anyone know any good locations in melbourne to get some footage? many thanks!

Hey everyone im, ash from Melbourne West, just got my mavic 2 days ago only, only been in the air for 20 mins with it so far, i sold my phantom 3 advanced to buy it
going to strap down and read all the info on here now, nice to meet everyone here.

also does anyone know any good locations in melbourne to get some footage? many thanks!

Hi there,

I'm also from Melbourne's West. Just got mine last month and I've been looking up on Youtube for drones flown around VIC. I then go to Google maps and started saving locations that I plan to go to and fly my Mavic.

upload_2018-1-8_10-59-44.png

Here's one that I'm planning to go to which is in the West.
Google Maps

The only thing I'm concerned about is it's managed by Parks Victoria and I heard drones aren't allowed there.

Hi there,

I'm also from Melbourne's West. Just got mine last month and I've been looking up on Youtube for drones flown around VIC. I then go to Google maps and started saving locations that I plan to go to and fly my Mavic.

View attachment 28296

Here's one that I'm planning to go to which is in the West.
Google Maps

The only thing I'm concerned about is it's managed by Parks Victoria and I heard drones aren't allowed there.

Thats an awesome idea, i think ill save them like that too i would of never thought of that.
ahh yes, werribee is pretty close to me i might give that a go sometime, id love to giv the beach a go aswell, but im not game enough for that yet lol.

Thats an awesome idea, i think ill save them like that too i would of never thought of that.
ahh yes, werribee is pretty close to me i might give that a go sometime, id love to giv the beach a go aswell, but im not game enough for that yet lol.

I've been to Altona dog beach last month. Not a lot of people so it was pretty safe but I did crash into a tree as you'll see at the end of this clip.

I've been to Altona dog beach last month. Not a lot of people so it was pretty safe but I did crash into a tree as you'll see at the end of this clip.

nice video man,did you color grade it? the one thing i would suggest is get some ND filters man, video was abit overexposed, but great work :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21