DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

dji mini 2 lens flare

jaybee2786

Reactions
Site
youtube.com
I bought Freewell nd filters for my mini 2, seem to be getting a lot of lens flare , yes i know it could just be me, and i am aware it was a very bright day?

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    427.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    465.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    457.6 KB · Views: 17
  • Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    469.2 KB · Views: 19
No filters will stop that 'shooting into the sun' glare.

You just have to do what any photography buff does, and shoot with the sun behind you.
Another way to help reduce it is shooting more downwards, anything but having it on you camera lens especially.

Maybe trying a camera hood is worth a shot ? If one is available for the mini 2 ?
This can help a lot with sun coming in from the sides, still not going to stop the face on direction though.

No filters will stop that 'shooting into the sun' glare.

You just have to do what any photography buff does, and shoot with the sun behind you.
Another way to help reduce it is shooting more downwards, anything but having it on you camera lens especially.

Maybe trying a camera hood is worth a shot ? If one is available for the mini 2 ?
This can help a lot with sun coming in from the sides, still not going to stop the face on direction though.
Thank you for your info, not keen on hoods on the drones gimbal notice the weight.

Thank you for your info, not keen on hoods on the drones gimbal notice the weight.

Cheers, wasn't sure about mini hoods, even if they are available . . . hope you solve this ok.
Probably just have to compose shots around the sun like 99.9% of photographers.
Sometimes a little sunlight is good, sets the mood of the photo.

Reactions: jaybee2786
Cheers, wasn't sure about mini hoods, even if they are available . . . hope you solve this ok.
Probably just have to compose shots around the sun like 99.9% of photographers.
Sometimes a little sunlight is good, sets the mood of the photo.
agree, i have a m2p just havent seen it as bad as on the mini 2

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Also the fact that you put a filter on can make the flare issue greater ... the more surfaces you have in front of the sensor the worse it usually gets.

Reactions: jaybee2786
The lens hoods available for the Mini might provide a little crash protection for the gimbal, but they are WAY too short to provide any protection against flares. (And as mentioned, no hood will help if the sun is in frame.) My biggest gripe with the Mini's camera is that there is a purple tinge when you're 20 or 30 degrees away from the sun, and these hoods don't do anything for that, either.

Reactions: MavicPeter
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15