DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI mini 2 Propeller screw stuck

Pebblebuoy

Reactions
Last night I was flying my new DJI mini 2. Soon before I planned to land, my app crashed as it started automatically updating to the new update (for the air 2S). I immediately landed it but one propeller slightly caught a rock on the way down.

There was only slight damage but ofcourse decided to replace both propellers on that arm. One screw and propeller came off fine but the second is not budging, the screw head is now slightly stripped. I don't want to force it and damage the thread where the screw goes in over the motors. What should I do? I do not feel like I have done anything wrong, took all precarious and attempted everything cautiously

@Pebblebuoy ,only use the screwdriver supplied with drone ,as you have started to damage the head of the screw ,then the best way to remove the screw would be to carefully cut the hub of the prop off exposing the screw and then carefully using a pair of pliers,start the screw turning and it should then come off

If you know of a machinist when all else fails (machinist instructor USAF) they can get it out for you.

@Pebblebuoy ,only use the screwdriver supplied with drone ,as you have started to damage the head of the screw ,then the best way to remove the screw would be to carefully cut the hub of the prop off exposing the screw and then carefully using a pair of pliers,start the screw turning and it should then come off
Do you mean saw it off then rotating pliers to get screw out

Reactions: old man mavic
@Pebblebuoy yes remove the prop by cutting through the hub ,then with pliers you can grip the outside of the remaining screw and turn it to get it started

Do you mean saw it off then rotating pliers to get screw out
No, it is called an easy-out. We pull those screws out of a plane it should be no problem. Google it and you will see them. Depends how bad it is and some times a good set of vice grips can grab them.

No, it is called an easy-out. We pull those screws out of a plane it should be no problem. Google it and you will see them. Depends how bad it is and some times a good set of vice grips can grab them.
Don't be silly. No "easy out" will work on a screw that small.

Don't be silly. No "easy out" will work on a screw that small.
They do go small you know :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato