DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI MINI 3 PRO panorama

mavicpro@2018

Reactions
Panorama mode 180°.

Dji mini 3 should take 21 pictures in panorama mode, how to separate them for manual stiching. As it is now, are all the images made into one file?​

Last edited:
Panorama mode 180°.

Dji mini 3 should take 21 pictures in panorama mode, how to separate them for manual stiching. As it is now, are all the images made into one file?​

You have to choose raw (.dng) files for panorama
-> so there will be the fully stitched panaorama saved as .jpg and also the single pictures as .dng in a separate folder (panorama)

To change this setting the Mini 3 has to be in the air so you can choose the panorama mode.
Go to the options (three dots in the upper right) and select raw instead of jpg (I think it´s under camera)

You have to choose raw (.dng) files for panorama
-> so there will be the fully stitched panaorama saved as .jpg and also the single pictures as .dng in a separate folder (panorama)

To change this setting the Mini 3 has to be in the air so you can choose the panorama mode.
Go to the options (three dots in the upper right) and select raw instead of jpg (I think it´s under camera)
what a brainless idea to have the drone in the air before you can do settings. Once in the air you should not do any settings! I get the separate raw files, but found no way to stitch then together, don't know which software. And the DJI stitched file which is only visible trough the app is too low quality :(

what a brainless idea to have the drone in the air before you can do settings. Once in the air you should not do any settings! I get the separate raw files, but found no way to stitch then together, don't know which software. And the DJI stitched file which is only visible trough the app is too low quality :(

I get good stitching results (with RAW-files) in Adobe Lightroom.

Other good Photo-Apps that can stitch RAW-files are these:

Capture One (great Software, but the panorama results with the Mini 3 are not that great - right now, the lense-profile is not correct applied)
Luminar NEO
On1 Photo RAW
Affinity Photo

Unfortunately, last time I looked for free stitching-tools, I couldn´t find any with RAW support...

Reactions: Poogan
I get good stitching results (with RAW-files) in Adobe Lightroom.

Other good Photo-Apps that can stitch RAW-files are these:

Capture One (great Software, but the panorama results with the Mini 3 are not that great - right now, the lense-profile is not correct applied)
Luminar NEO
On1 Photo RAW
Affinity Photo

Unfortunately, last time I looked for free stitching-tools, I couldn´t find any with RAW support...
If you're windows instead of Mac: Microsoft ICE v.2 handles DNG source files. It is fast and very accurate, but I've got the best results out of it by feeding in 48mp JPG's from my mini 3 pro. ICE v.2 is freeware. HUGIN is also freeware.

Reactions: IronSpear
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danyjames_