DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Missing Panorama

bkushner

Reactions
Shot a panorama today on the Mini 3 Pro, drone took the pictures then I watched the processing go to 100% yet there is NO Panorama on the SD card nor any folder with files, it's as if I didn't take one. Has anyone else encountered this?

Reactions: DJ_Mini
Strange, Never not got something from a panorama shot. I've had it fail due to high winds, but at least the originals that got taken up to the point of failure were in the expected folder. Did you get any other photos/videos from that flight? Am wondering if there were SD card issues.

Shot a panorama today on the Mini 3 Pro, drone took the pictures then I watched the processing go to 100% yet there is NO Panorama on the SD card nor any folder with files, it's as if I didn't take one. Has anyone else encountered this?
Check internal storage just to be sure. We're human, fallible, and you may have changed storage inadvertently. Ways this has happened to me is forgetting to put the SD card back in, or it fills up. The M3P will throw a warning it is automatically switching storage, but if you're busy flying its easy to miss it.

I took a Panorama yesterday and the DJI created result is there, with it usual poor stitching. I always aim to do them post in PTGui anyhow.

Annoyingly the original files did not get saved to the SD card for use in PTGui. Has the option to select save panorama files to folder on SD card been removed? It was working for me a couple of month ago?

I took a Panorama yesterday and the DJI created result is there, with it usual poor stitching. I always aim to do them post in PTGui anyhow.

Annoyingly the original files did not get saved to the SD card for use in PTGui. Has the option to select save panorama files to folder on SD card been removed? It was working for me a couple of month ago?
Check it didn't just revert to stitched pano only output. If you've updated the app recently this can automatically reset your preferences back to default.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joe Horn
Check it didn't just revert to stitched pano only output. If you've updated the app recently this can automatically reset your preferences back to default.
It is probably that. I cannot find the setting though. Can someone remind me where it is.

It is probably that. I cannot find the setting though. Can someone remind me where it is.
In panorama mode, in the bottom right of the main screen while in flight there should be a button that opens a small popout menu where you can choose between auto and manual exposure and output format, including format of originals.

Reactions: Joe Horn
Thanks @scro that was exactly it. I had a hunch it was once of those in flight only settings & I had even took it off inside my house to go look for the setting. Could not find it. It has reset itself to OFF. Set it back to JPEG and I am good to go again. Thx again.

Snipaste_2023-05-21_15-51-14.jpg

Reactions: scro and Joe Horn
If you did an update it may have reset the preference to the default, which is to not save the originals. I lost a whole day of panoramas that way once… 😢

Check internal storage just to be sure. We're human, fallible, and you may have changed storage inadvertently. Ways this has happened to me is forgetting to put the SD card back in, or it fills up. The M3P will throw a warning it is automatically switching storage, but if you're busy flying its easy to miss it.
how to access the internal memory, on the Avata I just plug in the cable and even the drone off I can see both storages. Here DJI tries to play some game, when I plug it into the PC it does not let me access the internal storage. I think I will return the drone. Thought the would improve things but its getting worse. On my old mavic the stitched file was nicely on the SD !

how to access the internal memory, on the Avata I just plug in the cable and even the drone off I can see both storages. Here DJI tries to play some game, when I plug it into the PC it does not let me access the internal storage. I think I will return the drone. Thought the would improve things but its getting worse. On my old mavic the stitched file was nicely on the SD !
Install DJI Fly on your phone and use Quick Transfer over wifi.

A feature was added to the Avata several updates back that enables transferring files from internal storage to the SD card. This should be implemented on all DJI drones with internal storage. Hello DJI?

Install DJI Fly on your phone and use Quick Transfer over wifi.

A feature was added to the Avata several updates back that enables transferring files from internal storage to the SD card. This should be implemented on all DJI drones with internal storage. Hello DJI?
I think that transfer is nonsens. its so much easier to pop out the card and work from all files on your computer. The Quick transfer has sometimes issues, several times you have to confirm and push buttons and on my Samsung S22 Ultra it did not work at all. :( Just an unnecessary gimmick, leave it as addition but not the main option

Thanks @scro that was exactly it. I had a hunch it was once of those in flight only settings & I had even took it off inside my house to go look for the setting. Could not find it. It has reset itself to OFF. Set it back to JPEG and I am good to go again. Thx again.

View attachment 164423
my menu is not that detailed maybe because I have only the mini 3 :( ? So what output do you get on the stitched file by DJI ? I have it as jpg but super low quality :( separate photos RAW

my menu is not that detailed maybe because I have only the mini 3 :( ? So what output do you get on the stitched file by DJI ? I have it as jpg but super low quality :( separate photos RAW
What resolution is the JPG panorama output you managed to get and where did you get it from/how did you download it? Auto-stitched panoramas should be saved in the same place as normal photos/videos and should be reasonably high res. I provided typical jpeg image sizes in one of the other threads you're part of.

The mini 3pro can either output jpeg originals or raw originals and these are saved in the panorama folder. Perhaps the mini 3 (no pro) doesn't have the jpg originals option?

In one of the several other threads that you've commented on you mentioned having a Galaxy S22 device. You can get either Snapseed or Lightroom (from the galaxy store) for free for conversion/processing raw files into jpegs. Either does a good job. These jpegs can then be stitched on your device using one of many free stitching apps (I've used Bimostitch free version with reasonable success). For trickier panoramas, panospheres and ultimate control over stitching/blending you'd be better served with one of the reputable PC based apps.

I think that transfer is nonsens. its so much easier to pop out the card and work from all files on your computer.

Okay then. I tried to solve your problem, but I completely agree that you shouldn't bother with nonsense.

So instead, why don't you just pop out the internal storage and access it that way? It's so much easier 🙄🙄🙄

Okay then. I tried to solve your problem, but I completely agree that you shouldn't bother with nonsense.

So instead, why don't you just pop out the internal storage and access it that way? It's so much easier 🙄🙄🙄
the mini 3 does not put for some reason all the file on the SD, the stitched file is somewhere on the drone hidden file

Reactions: chong67
I have a mini 3 pro and use an SD card in it rather than the small onboard storage (i believe the non-pro does not have onboard storage). It saves the stitched jpg panorama onto the SD card in the DCIM folder, in the same place as all the normal photos/videos. When the option is enabled to save the 35 original unstitched images, these jpgs (or dngs) are saved in a numbered folder within a separate sub folder called "panoramas".

Maybe the mini 3 (non pro) behaves differently, though I wouldn't have expected it to. If there's no onboard storage, as specs imply, then the only place it can save stitched jpgs is on the SD card. It may be DJI decided to cripple some of the panorama features for the non-pro model.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UR7CR